HTC one available for purchase in store today?

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Just went in to my local at&t store to check up on the pre-order deal with the media link since it said it was outta stock online. Was told the pre-order period was last week and the phone was out today. Walked out with a silver 32 gig. Still kinda in shock, since I was convinced it wouldn't be out till next week o_O

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Pics or it didn't happen.
Pics? What is this? Video and blood/hair samples or it didn't happen.

My real comment is this: Why is the thread title posed as a question? It was obviously available for in-store purchase today, at least for him. Or am I missing something here?

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
The official release date is the 19th in the U.S. So its curious the OP got his early. I'm not saying its impossible--everyone knows that people sometimes get new releases early. I agree with Steve, pics or it didn't happen. :)

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I was playing with the display at my local AT&T store today it was available for purchase

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site

My real comment is this: Why is the thread title posed as a question? It was obviously available for in-store purchase today, at least for him. Or am I missing something here?

Well i read in another thread that somebody went to an ATT store and the guy there was ready to sell him the phone! Couldve been same guy as the OP but i was just in a sprint store 20 minutes ago they did not have theirs ready for purchase

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

You know how it is around here. People need proof of stuff to believe it. Not saying good or bad, but that's what it is when it comes to the Internet. Especially when you're talking about any hot new Android device on this site.

I guess they are still in shock and wondering if other stores are selling them as well. Someone in another thread said a rep was going to sell him one but they wouldn't approve moving his upgrade date so he didn't get it. Who knows if that is true, but that's what they said.

Last edited:

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess they are still in shock and wondering if other stores are selling them as well. Someone in another thread said a rep was going to sell him one but they wouldn't approve moving his upgrade date so he didn't get it. Who knows if that is true, but that's what they said.

In theory it MAY be true because if they have live display models out now they may be selling them.. kinda weird but youd think people with pre orders would have deliveries today too. I am stopping at an ATT store on the way home to see the phone and i will report my results.. Sadly i am a sprint subscriber so i cant buy the phone today

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

If I could post hair/blood samples online I would haha

Thread was a question cause I'm kinda confused as to why they let me buy the phone, wondering if anyone else has been able to. I was 100% convinced it wasn't out till next week.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Thread was a question cause I'm kinda confused as to why they let me buy the phone, wondering if anyone else has been able to. I was 100% convinced it wasn't out till next week.

Good for you. I'm pretty sure they probably wasn't supposed to sell you one since AT&T announced the 19th as the release date. This is what happens with in store reps don't really have a clue about these devices and poor communication within their store and/or organization. I remember back when the HTC Sensation came out (don't laugh because at the time, it was a good phone LOL) I got it at Walmart a week before official. There were running threads on here about people being able to pick them up even though it wasn't supposed to be released yet. I called Walmart to see if they had any, they did and I bought one with 0 problems. Good for you though to get this device this soon (assuming you aren't trolling us LOL).

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Pics of the display box and phone or not believing... and maybe reciept for even better proof

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I called a store local to me and they said they had them, I'm heading there now. Will update in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like BS to me

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

I do agree here as well, and if we dont hear anything from anybody else i strongly would not believe it unless some ***** in one specific store accidentally sold it. But as i said i am going to an ATT store on my may home from work tonight and if i dont see any new developments i will report back

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
You guys are a laugh.

Photoon2013-04-12at13582_zpsc64cdc08.jpg

Photoon2013-04-12at1358_zpsabc33957.jpg

If you want a shot of the box too I can upload that as well...

Phil, definitely not the first! I don't want anything to do with that phone haha

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You guys are a laugh.

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w560/ahytrek/Photoon2013-04-12at13582_zpsc64cdc08.jpg

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w560/ahytrek/Photoon2013-04-12at1358_zpsabc33957.jpg

If you want a shot of the box too I can upload that as well...

Phil, definitely not the first! I don't want anything to do with that phone haha

Very nice! Must have been a major screw up by that att store. They're definitely not for sale early.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2