HTC one available for purchase in store today?

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I dunno, I'm not messing around. Literally just walked in and they sold it to me. I'm as surprised as any of you.

Im assuming it is a mess up on that stores part,, but congrats mate, you are probably the first non reviewer to get an ATT model here on the forums!

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I called my AT&T store and they said they start sell the one today but they have no stock today and they said if I can come tomorrow they might have it.

Josh Henrich

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm. Long time lurker here. Called around to find out if I could find a display model anywhere, and one of the stores happened to have one (I'm in Milwaukee). I went and asked the rep if I could buy it right now and he told me "definitely." Unfortunately, I don't get paid till next week, haha. Phone is awesome though, speakers are brilliant. Phone's very light too.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I called my AT&T store and they said they start sell the one today but they have no stock today and they said if I can come tomorrow they might have it.

Gah what the heck! It must be like a low stock first come first serve kind of thing for now.. too bad I have sprint and have to wait a week..

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I just called the local ATT&T store in Pueblo Colorado and they said the HTC Ones came in today and were available for sale today! The guy told me to come in and check it out.

T

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
You guys are a laugh.

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w560/ahytrek/Photoon2013-04-12at13582_zpsc64cdc08.jpg

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w560/ahytrek/Photoon2013-04-12at1358_zpsabc33957.jpg

If you want a shot of the box too I can upload that as well...

Phil, definitely not the first! I don't want anything to do with that phone haha

Guys, this is clearly a photoshop... if you look closely the HTC logo is backwards. Also, if he really got the One a week early he would be smiling more broadly...

Kidding... SO HOW IS IT??!!!???? I check my Sprint Order Status about ten times a day to see if it has shipped... it's going to be really anticlimactic once I finally get it, I'm afraid... :)

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
its too bad the 64GB model is an online exclusive. otherwise id cancel my preorder and go on a hunt to find a store willing to sell one to me.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If I was with AT&T I'd go look for one too. Since I'm t-mobile prepaid, gotta keep waiting on my developer version. 1 more week to go.

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Guys, this is clearly a photoshop... if you look closely the HTC logo is backwards. Also, if he really got the One a week early he would be smiling more broadly...

Kidding... SO HOW IS IT??!!!???? I check my Sprint Order Status about ten times a day to see if it has shipped... it's going to be really anticlimactic once I finally get it, I'm afraid... :)

The phone is beautiful feels really solid. I don't have any of the weird reported gaps between the plastic insert and the metal. I'm just trying to figure everything out transfer contacts etc. Plus I'm coming from ios so I'm trying to figure out my way around android right now haha
Also, blinkfeed is really unobtrusive. If you have the home screen set to the stock one you will literally never see blinkfeed unless you swipe over.

Josh Henrich

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The phone is beautiful feels really solid. I don't have any of the weird reported gaps between the plastic insert and the metal. I'm just trying to figure everything out transfer contacts etc. Plus I'm coming from ios so I'm trying to figure out my way around android right now haha
Also, blinkfeed is really unobtrusive. If you have the home screen set to the stock one you will literally never see blinkfeed unless you swipe over.

I didn't see anything wrong with the model I held either... looked sharp. No gaps, overhangs, etc.

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
also, believe the hype about the speakers. Insanely loud for a phone, and the sound quality so far is excellent.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well I cslled an att store here in Chicago and they said they have them on display and that they could sell them. Then the guy put me on hold and said its on display today but they cant sell them until next week. Weird. Im going to store to try and snag one.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

menachemt

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Do they have the black version? I know its not up for pre order but I mean since they are already selling the One somehow,maybe they miraculously have it in black.

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Do they have the black version? I know its not up for pre order but I mean since they are already selling the One somehow,maybe they miraculously have it in black.

They didn't have a display model in black, I didn't even ask. I just figured they didn't have it as everywhere else is reporting delays

JesterC

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If it is not too much trouble, can you check your serial using the following info to see when your One was manufactured, I am wondering if newer manufactured phones have the QA issue hammered out.
xda-developers - [INFO]HTC One Serial codes[INFO]
I'm going to quote you the method from the link to save you some time:
"For example mine is
Code:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HT32W
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You only need the the serial part before the second W ( mine is HTC32WWxxxxx ).

decode your serial likes this.

Code:

HTYMDAABBBBB

HT = Vendor HTC--> Hsinchu, Taiwan or SH = Shanghai, China
Y = Year (3 = 2013)
M = Month (hex 1...C = 1 - 12 months)
D = Day (hex 1...9A..Z = 1 - 31 days)
YY = Part Code
ZZZZZ : Identification Number (decimal)"
Thanks and much appreciated.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The official release date is the 19th in the U.S. So its curious the OP got his early. I'm not saying its impossible--everyone knows that people sometimes get new releases early. I agree with Steve, pics or it didn't happen. :)

We'll see if I have learned to post pics yet...

IMAG0010.jpg

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok I seriously check this forum every 15 minutes in hopes of seeing this very thing! I have called every store around me and most of them do not even have a display model.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae