Just used an HTC One

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Did they have any accessories at the ATT store yet? The arrival of my One is imminent and I while I have a case, I need a screen protector.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
For those who have tested the camera, how does it compare to the nexus 4 if you have used that before too? Nexus for camera was ok in my opinion. Well behind the SGS3 and iPhone but it was serviceable. So if the one isn't worse than that then should be fine.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Android Central Forums

Allen_B

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
...You need to actually hold it to appreciate why everyone kept praising this device... Since we love to compare every phone to the Iphone, I would say HTC one make Iphone look like a child toy. Can't wait to get it next week!!

Snipped your post, but illustrated my sentiments today!

I too stopped in to fondle this exquisite device- As you might think from my post so far, I was very impressed! I am an iPhone user and have never used an Android device, but this will be my next phone. Made up my mind today within 10 minutes of playing with the HTC One. I have often joked that iOS looks like it was designed by Fisher-Price (and I really like iOS) but the HTC One drove the point home...

/r

Allen

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My issue with the camera is that it should have been 5 or 8 megapixels. The quality is evident when you view the photos on the computer or iPad.

It is not just the megapixel count though; the color reproduction is a little washed out for my taste. The iPhone 4S and 5 gets the color reproduction pretty spot on. iPhone has the right balance of color and saturation while the HTC One camera for me, the colors seem a little faded. The pictures don't pop because the color saturation isn't quite spot on.

Nonetheless, the phone is amazing and I am switching to it no matter what. Just waiting for Verizon.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My issue with the camera is that it should have been 5 or 8 megapixels. The quality is evident when you view the photos on the computer or iPad.

It is not just the megapixel count though; the color reproduction is a little washed out for my taste. The iPhone 4S and 5 gets the color reproduction pretty spot on. iPhone has the right balance of color and saturation while the HTC One camera for me, the colors seem a little faded. The pictures don't pop because the color saturation isn't quite spot on.

Nonetheless, the phone is amazing and I am switching to it no matter what. Just waiting for Verizon.

Thanks for the info. Good thing, I'm not looking for iPhone quality camera. Let's just face facts, it's arguably the best each year even though others come very close but if it's not worst than the Nexus 4 then that's sufficient for me. Also, since I'll be tinkering with it I'm sure there will be some camera mods. Sure, a camera mod can't fix inferior hardware but maybe improve some things. Thanks again.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
To be honest and probably a little blunt more than 50% of the people who will complain about the photo quality zoomed in will only ever use said photos for uploading to facebook......

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
To be honest and probably a little blunt more than 50% of the people who will complain about the photo quality zoomed in will only ever use said photos for uploading to facebook......

Yeah I just take pictures to upload and share online. Not like I'm looking to take photographer quality pics and print them out. I just want to make sure I can take good pics when I need to. The lag and autofocus on the N4 was bad and on the iPhone 4S, the dreaded purple glare on low lights pics was bad too. So if these things are improved then I'm sure I'll be fine.

dazjb

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I was sceptical of the camera at first. The low light performance is great but had doubts about performance in good light. I can now take pics like this ...

u3ataquv.jpg

e6ujypup.jpg

Not perfect but good enough for me :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

boovish

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I like how it reminds me of a Windows Phone. There is very little lag, and the color is like on a Nokia display and that new camera thing that they are doing is wonderful

- - - Updated - - -

Wow

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I was sceptical of the camera at first. The low light performance is great but had doubts about performance in good light. I can now take pics like this ...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/u3ataquv.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/e6ujypup.jpg

Oh those a good enough for me. If I wanted to be a photographer I'd actually get a camera that's for a photographer. As long as I can take quality pics of my family then I'm good.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Android Central Forums

Allen_B

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I realize some would say I am currently using the equivalent of a Kodak Brownie in terms of technology by today's standards (iPhone 4), but this would be an immense improvement as far as photos go...

If I want pro-quality photos, I will grab my SLR over any phone, past or present. Always choose the right tool for the job at hand...

dazjb

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I Bought a decent Fuji 12mp for when I want to take quality shots on vacations, etc and print them off. As a quick snapper the One does a great job and does it at a lightning speed.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/u3ataquv.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/e6ujypup.jpg

Really nice pictures. I've noticed most up close pics look really nice. But what about pictures that aren't macro shots? Is that where the quality of the image suffers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What I think most people want out of their phone's camera is to be able to take good pics in normal situations and post them to facebook or twitter. The fact you can't make a great 8x10 is dumb. Normal situations (READ: LOW LIGHT) are where most people use their cell camera. The One looks like it will do an incredible job!

Allen_B

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the guy who made the video above is (to take a traditionally British term) a complete wank-er (edited for British censors).

It would seem from his niggles about the One, he would be perfectly set with an iPhone 5. Not bashing him, but based on his complaints I am unsure why he even tried out the HTC offering...

/r

Allen

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Aldiggi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Played with it at the att store and the phone is really nice. The camera is ok. Took a bunch of pics from inside the store and sent them to me phone. If someone would like to post them feel free to pm me for them.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Aldiggi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
And yes the camera is lightning fast. The speakers are super high quality. The screen is amazing and phone is fast.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci