HTC One for TMo in San Antonio, Texas

utmed95

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I currently have Verizon and am considering jumping ship for the HTC One on TMo. Before the typical responses that "Big Red" is the best and OMG there network is incredible please know that where I live and work is OK but not incredible. I drop to 3G all the time and at work have no signal at times. Customer response locally at the corporate stores tends to be useless and waste of time. All of this for the highest rates in the industry. While I know that TMo's network is not as robust or advanced I just wondered if any of my tech cousins here in SA had any advice about switching since it would cut my bill in half. Thanks in advance for any advice.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You are obviously a troll. Everyone knows the Verizon is the best ever. The fact is that God himself uses a GS3 on Verizon. IN SAN ANTONIO!

Seriously, though, I have an aunt and uncle and a couple of cousins in SA and they are all on T-Mo. My cousins could take it or leave it because the 3G reception is spotty as they travel around the area but my aunt and uncle love it. No 4G-LTE there yet, though.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I currently have Verizon and am considering jumping ship for the HTC One on TMo. Before the typical responses that "Big Red" is the best and OMG there network is incredible please know that where I live and work is OK but not incredible. I drop to 3G all the time and at work have no signal at times. Customer response locally at the corporate stores tends to be useless and waste of time. All of this for the highest rates in the industry. While I know that TMo's network is not as robust or advanced I just wondered if any of my tech cousins here in SA had any advice about switching since it would cut my bill in half. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I can't answer specifically for your area but take a test drive. You have 30 days to reverse the process if you find it's not good enough for you. I always tell people to try for themselves. Everyone has difference experiences and reasons for choosing something. I recently switched from Verizon to t-mobile. Not for the phone but for the savings. The coverage HSPA+ coverage in my area is comparable to Verizon's 3G and LTE so I don't have issues and my wife is consistently get 3G/4G on her iPhone here. Verizon's network excels indoors, especially in office places but I still get good enough at my job to warrant the switch and money savings. My best advice.... try for yourself. If you don't want to do the switch thing to try.... go grab a prepaid device from best buy to "rent", sign up for the pay as you go plan, put 5 bucks on the account and check your service where ever you are. Just an option but again.... try for yourself LOL. Good luck.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
What area of san Antonio are you in? I live by the ATT Center and my Verizon is consistantly strong 4g. The only time is drops down to 3g is in a few areas on Fort Sam Houston.

That being said, check the coverage maps. Tmo is building their network. I'm unsure if 4g is expected to roll out in SA anytime soon, but they do offer a great pay as you go plan and phone financing.
Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When i was testing the waters here in Dallas i bought a used GS2 and went to a TMO store and opened an account. After 10 days of testing network coverage and data speeds i ported my number and made it official.
So find a good cheap used phone, go get a sim and test test test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy