Cancelled my unlocked order

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So I decided to call Letstalk about all this backordered business. They said they are all backordered until they get them into the warehouse. I said fine, and then the asked when they will be getting them in as its showing 18th. She checked and came back telling me that they are getting them in the 23rd ! Now I placed my order 3 days after the preorders started so who knows if I was going to be one of those first batch orders in the first place. She had no way of checking, and I have an iPhone that I need to return to Apple by the 28th so I dont have time to play the waiting and guessing match. I promptly cancelled my order and will go to an ATT store on Friday and hope one of them (theres like 5 around me) will sell me one off contract.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If Let'sTalk doesn't send out shipment tracking info on Thursday afternoon, there will be a lot of folks doing the same...
I guess there will be some, but it's more important to me not to have AT&T bloatware and not to have to wait on AT&T for OS updates than it is to have the phone 4 days earlier.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I guess there will be some, but it's more important to me not to have AT&T bloatware and not to have to wait on AT&T for OS updates than it is to have the phone 4 days earlier.

Yeah I see what you're saying there. I'd agree, except I root and flash ROMs on Android devices so these things would be a non factor for me. But of course I know for others, it's a big factor.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Totally agree. I'm REALLY excited for the phone, but I won't let a few days wait here or there result in a cancellation to my order. It's important to me that my phone is sim unlocked and bloatware free. If it weren't, I would have gone with AT&T at the start.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I think I'd be more upset at how crappy Letstalk.com has been over handling this situation. I'll obviously wait for the phone no matter what.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I think I'd be more upset at how crappy Letstalk.com has been over handling this situation. I'll obviously wait for the phone no matter what.

I hear you. The thing thats scaring me though is that they said they are only getting them in the 23rd. If I am not part of the first shipment who knows when I will get it, and the fact that I have a deadline to return my iPhone I had no choice but to cancel it. I honestly am not bother by the couple ATT apps. Ill make a folder and stuff them all in until I root or what-not.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Same here. That and it's cheaper. Well worth the wait. But I can see how the OP is having problems waiting for the device when he has a deadline.

JesterC

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So I decided to call Letstalk about all this backordered business. They said they are all backordered until they get them into the warehouse. I said fine, and then the asked when they will be getting them in as its showing 18th. She checked and came back telling me that they are getting them in the 23rd ! Now I placed my order 3 days after the preorders started so who knows if I was going to be one of those first batch orders in the first place. She had no way of checking, and I have an iPhone that I need to return to Apple by the 28th so I dont have time to play the waiting and guessing match. I promptly cancelled my order and will go to an ATT store on Friday and hope one of them (theres like 5 around me) will sell me one off contract.

I think you might have made a hasty decision to cancel right then. The rep might be just checking their web page and sees the April 23rd date and then telling you that's the only date they'll be receiving the phones without realizing that there 'might be' an early batch of shipment that has been sold out. When I ordered the phone on the 5th, the rep was telling me that they'll start receiving the phones on 15th and might start shipping on 16th, but I didn't put that on the forum simply because I don't want to cause any false hopes for us customers from reps' mumbo jumbo.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I think you might have made a hasty decision to cancel right then. The rep might be just checking their web page and sees the April 23rd date and then telling you that's the only date they'll be receiving the phones without realizing that there 'might be' an early batch of shipment that has been sold out. When I ordered the phone on the 5th, the rep was telling me that they'll start receiving the phones on 15th and might start shipping on 16th, but I didn't put that on the forum simply because I don't want to cause any false hopes for us customers from reps' mumbo jumbo.

That's likely the case, but it still says 18th. Mine is backordered in the same situation as it was last week.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Never know. Knowing my jew luck though, I wouldve gotten it Friday but oh well lol. I just cant afford to risk it. Going to ATT I'll spend an extra 50$ but I am still getting money back from getting 690$ back for my iPhone and the 100$ from HTC for sending them my crappy Blackberry Tour that is collecting dust.

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The thing thats scaring me though is that they said they are only getting them in the 23rd.

You're all over thinking it, but not quite enough. If you're going to think about it, think about the part where letstalk.com probably doesn't train their staff enough to know about the specifics of any particular device or manufacturer. Try to think of their average customer service person as any staffer at a brick and morter carrier's shop who's going to tell you something stupid. They basically feel like they have to have answers for you and if they don't know they're going to just take a guess as best they can. Sometimes it will be better than others based on their prior job experience, sometimes they won't have any idea whatsoever, but they're going to say something at least. It may not be what you want to hear, and it may not be accurate.

It'd be nice if we could get accurate answers more often, but a lot of the time accuracy is beyond the comprehension level of most consumers. Try explaining to your average id**t consumer why 4 megapixels is better than 13.

Again, have some patience and see what happens, maybe it shows up on time, maybe not. In the end, most of us will have it before the average consumer shows up in the store to get theirs.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You're all over thinking it, but not quite enough. If you're going to think about it, think about the part where letstalk.com probably doesn't train their staff enough to know about the specifics of any particular device or manufacturer. Try to think of their average customer service person as any staffer at a brick and morter carrier's shop who's going to tell you something stupid. They basically feel like they have to have answers for you and if they don't know they're going to just take a guess as best they can. Sometimes it will be better than others based on their prior job experience, sometimes they won't have any idea whatsoever, but they're going to say something at least. It may not be what you want to hear, and it may not be accurate.

It'd be nice if we could get accurate answers more often, but a lot of the time accuracy is beyond the comprehension level of most consumers. Try explaining to your average id**t consumer why 4 megapixels is better than 13.

Again, have some patience and see what happens, maybe it shows up on time, maybe not. In the end, most of us will have it before the average consumer shows up in the store to get theirs.

True. At first she told me she had no idea they had no news at all. So I started flipping out saying how the hell do you not know. I'm ordering from HTC they dont know when the shipment is coming in? If I called Apple for an Iphone days before official launch they wouldn't know when they are getting them? They would, and Id never be as strung out with Apple. As soon as I place my order I know exactly when I am getting it, not this 18th, 24th, 18th, 23rd BS that they give me. I made her reach out to a supervisor and than she told me 23rd she saw it in the system. So I proceeded to scrutinize how ATT will get it the 19th and they are only getting it on the 23rd. When I asked her to check if I was even part of the first batch she gave me an attitude. So I told her to cancel my order immediately. Dud I act hastily? Possibly, but I'm just fed up with the whole ordeal.

paparis13

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have pre-ordered the dev edition on first day, and played with phone at ATT and i love it. BUT, HTC has really messed up in my opinion as far as COMMUNICATION is concerned. If you are going to have a "flagship" phone, you have to do a better job backing it up. And the way you succeed with a flagship phone is create loyalty to company. And no matter how much i love the phone, and the HTC reps themselves are great... having letstalk take care of their orders was A BIG MISTAKE. Not only do they not have any information, but they have attitude every time ive called. One even said that there is no way any other place will get phones before letstalk because they are the biggest activators in the country... well i don't think so buddy.
If they don't clarify what will happen with delivery, i will gladly walk into ATT and get the phone from them, and remove bloatware myself. HTC still wins cause i get the phone, but i'm skeptical with the future of the company with lack of communication, advertisement, and proper distribution of phone.

JesterC

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
True. At first she told me she had no idea they had no news at all. So I started flipping out saying how the hell do you not know. I'm ordering from HTC they dont know when the shipment is coming in? If I called Apple for an Iphone days before official launch they wouldn't know when they are getting them? They would, and Id never be as strung out with Apple. As soon as I place my order I know exactly when I am getting it, not this 18th, 24th, 18th, 23rd BS that they give me. I made her reach out to a supervisor and than she told me 23rd she saw it in the system. So I proceeded to scrutinize how ATT will get it the 19th and they are only getting it on the 23rd. When I asked her to check if I was even part of the first batch she gave me an attitude. So I told her to cancel my order immediately. Dud I act hastily? Possibly, but I'm just fed up with the whole ordeal.

I hear ya. Totally understandable if I'm getting attitude from them after all the date changes and crap. They are totally "messing with my zen, thing, man"- Tron Legacy. I had seriously considered getting from AT&T as well because I'll be out of country for 2 weeks starting Thursday night and imagine my agany when I learned that the phone should 'in theory' be @ my door on the 19th when I'm stuck in the plane flying away from it. But, I just practiced slow breathing and focus on Zen to not think too much about it because... It is more important for me to have a clean phone without all the bloatware and likely quicker Android OS refresh.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya. Totally understandable if I'm getting attitude from them after all the date changes and crap. They are totally "messing with my zen, thing, man"- Tron Legacy. I had seriously considered getting from AT&T as well because I'll be out of country for 2 weeks starting Thursday night and imagine my agany when I learned that the phone should 'in theory' be @ my door on the 19th when I'm stuck in the plane flying away from it. But, I just practiced slow breathing and focus on Zen to not think too much about it because... It is more important for me to have a clean phone without all the bloatware and likely quicker Android OS refresh.

Hahaha. Thats f'n great. Yeah I agree it is, but now with AT&Ts version confirmed to be bootloader unlockable, and the fact that the unlocked is pretty much the ATT phone without the bloat, how much harder will it be for devs to port the newest versions to the ATT model ya know? Regardless I am getting kind of tired of always flashing, but had to do it cus of the crappy and laggy OS's. This seems to change with the One. A polished Android OS that looks professional and clean out the box, ala iPhone which is exactly what I want.

Think about it, the need to flash CM to make the phone not lag days are long gone. This phone FLIES stock so whats the need really? I know some people swear by flashing everything but I guess I got out of that phase lol. I want my phone to have plenty of stock features, no stuttering, and a clean OS which Sense always was compared to cartoonland TW lol.

melodic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

just curious, how do you think they've handled the situation poorly so far? right when the pre orders started they said it would ship on the 18th and as far as we know that's still going to happen. our phones haven't been delayed or anything