A clash of two android devices..cnet

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I just hate how all the comparison articles tout the fact that the galaxy s4 has more "features" they fail to mention half of them don't work right. I've yet to find anything on the ONE that doesnt work as advertised. I'll take a little less features for a lot more reliability any day.

Sent from my iPride 6G

LegendaryDrumr

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just hate how all the comparison articles tout the fact that the galaxy s4 has more "features" they fail to mention half of them don't work right. I've yet to find anything on the ONE that doesnt work as advertised. I'll take a little less features for a lot more reliability any day.

Sent from my iPride 6G

This.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A simple answer to the GS4 vs HTC One debate. Most of the professional reviewers have said they will be carrying the HTC One as their daily driver. Reviewers from phonedog, pocketnow, and technobuffalo believe the HTC One to be the best device this summer. I believe I will stick to their opinion. GS3s as some reviewers called it, is just a revamped GS3 with more gimmicks. I personally had a GS3 and found that I never used any of it's special features.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
A simple answer to the GS4 vs HTC One debate. Most of the professional reviewers have said they will be carrying the HTC One as their daily driver. Reviewers from phonedog, pocketnow, and technobuffalo believe the HTC One to be the best device this summer. I believe I will stick to their opinion. GS3s as some reviewers called it, is just a revamped GS3 with more gimmicks. I personally had a GS3 and found that I never used any of it's special features.
They've said that without the option of carrying the SGS4 as their daily driver. They've said "It's the best android phone available," which it is, but the SGS4 isn't available yet.

In reality, it's a personal decision. What makes one device the best for one person will not be the same for everyone.

There is no "best" phone.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They've said that without the option of carrying the SGS4 as their daily driver. They've said "It's the best android phone available," which it is, but the SGS4 isn't available yet.

Actually Phonedog Aaron and the guys at Pocketnow have had a chance to use the GS4. Phonedog Aaron said he will be carrying the ATT HTC One as his daily driver. Pocketnow guys don't care for the GS4 at all.

In the end it is all personal opinion. There is no best for every person, but these guys know phones, for what it's worth.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever notice that the "good" and "objective" reviews always seem to line up with the opinion you hold about a phone? Funny thing...

I own Samsung and HTC products so dont use that argument with me. A lot of the features Samsung talks about either aren't reliable or aren't all that useful. For me I'd prefer features I use than those I dont. Just because I prefer the HTC one as do a lot of reviewers, it doesn't have anything to do with the phone I hold. For me the HTC one is the better phone out of the two.

Sent from my iPride 6G

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

In reality, it's a personal decision. What makes one device the best for one person will not be the same for everyone.

I agree, that's the main thing. I had the S3 for both Tmo and ATT. The main thing I liked was being able to carry a spare battery and the expandable storage since the phone only sold with 16GB onboard (at the time). I never used the extra features, rooted the phone and put an AOKP rom on it. The only thing I like about Touchwiz is the way it scolls and having the battery percntage viewable, everything else about it I don't like that much. I'm a aspiring tech reviewer so I'll probably still get the S4 but, right now I like the HTC One better.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my iPride 6G

So features you don't want to use and can be disabled are the reason that the s4 is so horrible?

To the person who said "this" earlier, I'm saying This ^

Did you ever notice that the "good" and "objective" reviews always seem to line up with the opinion you hold about a phone? Funny thing...

It is funny

Actually Phonedog Aaron and the guys at Pocketnow have had a chance to use the GS4. Phonedog Aaron said he will be carrying the ATT HTC One as his daily driver. Pocketnow guys don't care for the GS4 at all.

In the end it is all personal opinion. There is no best for every person, but these guys know phones, for what it's worth.

Have any of those websites reviewed or carried the s4? Nope

And Aaron definitely said he will NOT be carrying the one as his daily driver. Please get your facts straight and stop spreading false information to try and persuade people. The one is a device with a lot of potential but you are only doing a disservice by doing this.

Sent from my Note 2

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And Aaron definitely said he will NOT be carrying the one as his daily driver. Please get your facts straight and stop spreading false information to try and persuade people. The one is a device with a lot of potential but you are only doing a disservice by doing this.

Sent from my Note 2

Here ya go, I know my facts, do you? Aaron says right here that when he gets the ATT LTE version he will be carrying it as his personal device. Check 5:30 into the video.

HTC One Challenge: The Conclusion - YouTube

Pocketnow has also had hands on the GS4. Watch this video and see what this group of 5 reviewers thinks.

Pocketnow Live Roundtable: Galaxy S 4 vs. HTC One vs. Xperia Z - YouTube

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Have any of those websites reviewed or carried the s4? Nope

Sent from my Note 2

He said he'd carry if it were the AT&T variant since apparently he has the Sprint model and Sprint doesn't have LTE at least where he lives, but that was in regards to the Note 2. No one has used an S4 yet with finished software and the phone hasn't been reviewed outside of benchmark sheets, so no there currently aren't any S4 reviews that could influence a buyers decision, at least imo. The closest thing you'll manage to find to a credible review is GSM Arena's review, but like I said it's more of a benchmark/statistic test. Nothing about real world use so it isn't quite as helpful.

I wouldn't have even bothered responding to that though if I were you, he knows what he's doing.

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I may be completely in the minority here, but I actually think blink feed is pretty neat. I foresee me using it a fair bit. It's just like they said-- you're bored, waiting on something or another, there it is: content that you can browse for the minute or two you have to waste. Love it.

Also, gestures on the s4 completely freak me out. I could see this being nothing more than a giant PITA.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I own Samsung and HTC products so dont use that argument with me. A lot of the features Samsung talks about either aren't reliable or aren't all that useful. For me I'd prefer features I use than those I dont. Just because I prefer the HTC one as do a lot of reviewers, it doesn't have anything to do with the phone I hold. For me the HTC one is the better phone out of the two.

Sent from my iPride 6G

Whoa there, Nelly. Who said I was talking to you?! I was making a general statement. You seem a bit over-sensitive. Peace.

Oh. I see I was quoting you. My bad. My statement wasn't directed at you; I'm not even sure why I quoted you. You did take it a bit personally, though. I'll amend my post.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, being in my 30's I'm not sure that I understand all of this fancy language on these internets, but I think "pwnage" applies watching the video just below your post. Or maybe not. I think of something else when I see pwnage. Or is it "poonage"?

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, being in my 30's I'm not sure that I understand all of this fancy language on these internets, but I think "pwnage" applies watching the video just below your post. Or maybe not. I think of something else when I see pwnage. Or is it "poonage"?

I watched the whole video. Like I said in my above post, he was talking about his Note 2 being replaced. I don't believe there's any mention of the S4 at all in the video quite honestly.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I stopped going to CNET a long time ago for tech articles..
That being said, I wish I could get the one, but I've got the one x and have finally rooted it. Needless to say that menu bar with the three dots is the most annoying thing ever on a phone. Trust me. And with the one only now having two buttons, I foresee it sticking around. Sure you can root or maybe HTC will make a work around with the two buttons but I'm not doing that anymore. I'll stick with a dedicated menu button this time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000