Some options for phone insurance

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Two of these options will cover loss and theft, but are expensive. Does anyone have any experience with these insurance companies? This is a relatively recent article, so the prices should be up to date. I have Securranty for my tablet and have never made a claim, but it was $99/ two years and a $50 deductible. They are basically offering the same thing for smart phones. Securranty is not included in this article. If you have an ins. carrier with better coverage, please mention it.

5 of the Best Aftermarket Smartphone Insurance Plans | Gadget Review

Of the two that do cover loss and theft, "Protect your bubble" has the option of replacing with a different phone. Yikes. "Reconditioned" is bad enough. That leaves "Mobile Rhino" which is pretty expensive.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Two of these options will cover loss and theft, but are expensive. Does anyone have any experience with these insurance companies? This is a relatively recent article, so the prices should be up to date. I have Securranty for my tablet and have never made a claim, but it was $99/ two years and a $50 deductible. They are basically offering the same thing for smart phones. Securranty is not included in this article. If you have an ins. carrier with better coverage, please mention it.

5 of the Best Aftermarket Smartphone Insurance Plans | Gadget Review

Of the two that do cover loss and theft, "Protect your bubble" has the option of replacing with a different phone. Yikes. "Reconditioned" is bad enough. That leaves "Mobile Rhino" which is pretty expensive.
Your above comments about $99.00 w/ a $50.00 deduct is not really that bad when you consider what you would lose w/o any insurance on these devices. I would never buy a smartphone personally and never have w/o some kind of insurance and yours sounds pretty good.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have assurion contracted through Verizon. Its $7 dollars a month for full coverage including loss, theft, and water damage. That averages about $168 for two years with a $99 deductible and 2 claims a year. Not the best deal, but easier since I pay with my monthly bill and id rather have the protection if anything were to happen to my phone. My husbands note 2 also has the same insurance. I will look onto securranty, though, because it sounds like a good deal.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Your above comments about $99.00 w/ a $50.00 deduct is not really that bad when you consider what you would lose w/o any insurance on these devices. I would never buy a smartphone personally and never have w/o some kind of insurance and yours sounds pretty good.

It doesn't cover loss or theft, though. Yes, it is great for my tablet, but my tablet doesn't run as much of a risk of being stolen. Smartphones are a different breed of cat.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't cover loss or theft, though. Yes, it is great for my tablet, but my tablet doesn't run as much of a risk of being stolen. Smartphones are a different breed of cat.
I would agree that is alot of money for insurance and I also have VZW but on my phone I have $99.00 for 2 years with a $49.00 deduct - 2 incidents a year.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I would agree that is alot of money for insurance and I also have VZW but on my phone i have $99.00 for 2 years with a $49.00 deduct - 2 incidents a year.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree 100%. :) I would never worry about a tablet as much as a phone and is why i have insurance on my phone.

Were you offered that through Verizon?

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
im definitely looking to change my insurance. i pay 6.99/month for insurance through at&t and their deductible is pretty ridiculous with new phones.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
im definitely looking to change my insurance. i pay 6.99/month for insurance through at&t and their deductible is pretty ridiculous with new phones.

Same here. Back in the day when I had a blackjack 2 with att the deductible was $50. On Verizon for a smart phone its $99.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I could tell you where I got my insurance and on what phone but then I would have to kill ya. :) Just kidding!

Oh no, please, spare me! Lol, I have to run it by my husband as he has no clue that I'm looking into outside insurance. He's the kinda guy who takes representitives word for gold.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Could be worse folks. I'm paying $11/month for Sprint TEP with a $150 deductible through Assurion to replace my EVO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol