Didn't Take Phill's Advice - Make Sure Auto Upload is Off

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Basically what the title says. I have had the phone for one night of picture, or Zoe taking, at the Twins game. I took only 29 shots (only just because it's a new phone... that's a lot of shots otherwise) and when I logged on to Google+ this morning and had over 500 new pictures in my instant upload.

I'm turning it off. You probably should too.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it sucks because I do instant upload with my account mainly because if anything happens to my sdcard again (the first one in my S3 just randomly died) I can still have my pictures.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Yep - I had Zoe on so every 'picture' I shot was a 3.6 second video. And it uploaded the 20 pics and the short video. If you have a dedicated DropBox or something, it would work well, but the way Google+ is set up, it didn't work at all.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep - I had Zoe on so every 'picture' I shot was a 3.6 second video. And it uploaded the 20 pics and the short video. If you have a dedicated DropBox or something, it would work well, but the way Google+ is set up, it didn't work at all.

I have a 50 GB drop box, so space isn't really the issue, its going through that many pictures!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That's one the I don't like about the Google + app. Once you disable instant upload on your account, it should be that way across all devices. Every time I get a new device I have to tell Google + to turn off instant upload on that device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12