T-mobile Version in hand

nyctalinth

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
There are others that have posted about the AT&T and Sprint versions, but thought I'd post about the T-mobile version.

First items I noticed were no carrier branding, as I expected and hoped for on the device itself. A minor disappointment for me is that T-mobile opted not to include any headset with this version (not a big deal, but I was in need). Sim card was included as well.

Uninstallable built-in apps include Lookout security (haven't used before, so I don't know how much of a pain this is since it is non-removable), T-mobile My Account, T-mobile Name ID, T-mobile TV and visual voicemail. I like how the t-mobile my account integrates into the notification window, so you get a quick glance at your usage.

Setup was pretty easy, though I had a glitch with my account (my data plan was a legacy plan that was somehow restricted to windows phone - I had to have customer care swap me over to the legacy Android equivalent plan to get my data working).

Really a nice phone - as good as I hoped. I'm migrating from Windows phone, so I'm overwhelmed with where to start with apps and getting things customized to my liking.

Glad to answer any questions about the TMO version.

Attachments

• 2013-04-16 23.16.58.jpg
    2013-04-16 23.16.58.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Why is that a problem? They're cheap and nasty. You'd be better off getting the cheapest pair of skullcandy buds.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Are they? I heard they are beats ear buds without the branding. Not that those are super amazing or anything. Either way Ill be using my Astro A Stars for sure (once they get back in stock...)

Last edited:

Frank Estevez

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Why is that a problem? They're cheap and nasty. You'd be better off getting the cheapest pair of skullcandy buds.

Reviews have said otherwise,unless you speak from personal experience with them. Or is it just speculation, as most smartphones don't come with a decent pair of headphones.

nyctalinth

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
On the subject of headphones since I'm in need...Any recommendations for a decent Sub-$50 pair of earbuds with volume/skip controls, or is that budget too low?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You might be able to uninstall lookout by going to settings> security> device administrators and disabling it, then uninstalling by going to settings> apps> apps> lookout security> uninstall

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

rydubois

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

reviews and such I've read say the buds included are nearly as good as a pair of urBeats buds HTC packed in with a few phones. So they were actually supposed to be of a quality level with roughly $100 buds, not bad at all.

And as others have asked, how/where did you manage to get ahold of the phone?

nyctalinth

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the headphone feedback - will definitely look at Klipsch as the recommendations suggest. HTC provided it to test to a small group. I was lucky enough to be included in this group.

APN settings (entries not listed are Not Set). There are 2 separate - one for data and one for mms:
T-Mobile Data:
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN type: default,supl,admin,hipri
APM protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN enabled/disabled: APN enabled

T-mobile MMS:
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc (dont' know if this is cut off or all of it)
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN type: mms
APM protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN enabled/disabled: APN enabled

LegendaryDrumr

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
How is signal reception? In seriously considering switching from Sprint to T-Mobile for this phone and I want to be sure it doesn't have reception issues like my EVOLTE.

Sent from my EVOLTE using Android Central Forums

nyctalinth

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I have no reception issues with this phone compared to my previous ones (good signal where I've been so far). As far as the Sprint vs. T-mobile, I'd use the coverage map tool on T-mobile's site to confirm they have coverage in your area. Unsupported Browser