HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

joshyth

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
it depend on what you use too. I keep my auto sync, location setting on (only gps was off) all the time. I never turn wifi on though, only when there's really no data service that i will turn it on.
If you are rooted, get greenify...it really does make a world of differences.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
So if I only turn on location and data as needed I would get 4+ hours of screen on time,and also what about using auto brightness and leaving WiFi on all the time only in known areas then shut off?I have the seidio commuter case on my phone,is that why it is heating up so quickly?

Lecrae, as someone who gets 6 hours screen on time regularly, I'm confident the following will at least help, noticeably, with your battery life:

1. Disable/Uninstall the Facebook app. THIS WILL GREATLY INCREASE IDLE BATTERY LIFE! And battery life in general. The app is terrible about refreshing, yes even with battery guru and sync turned off. Use the browser version instead. Watch your wakelocks greatly decline.

2. Try out Snapdragon Battery Guru. Set all apps to refresh only when you open them. Turn off the data with screen off too. This helps. Do not use power saver with battery guru.

3. Autobrightness, all the time. Although minimal brightness can save you battery, I think this is a good trade-off. Keeps the screen plenty bright.

4. Turn off location tracking in all apps and the browser (if it has it). Keep network location on, but GPS off.

5. Turn sync off. For everything, including contacts.

6. Wifi on when possible, and keep it off when you're not in a connection area.

7. Unless you use it, disable all bloat through app manager, like sprint zone etc.

And no, the case is not the reason the phone is heating up so quickly. Hopefully the above will help.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
it depend on what you use too. I keep my auto sync, location setting on (only gps was off) all the time. I never turn wifi on though, only when there's really no data service that i will turn it on.
If you are rooted, get greenify...it really does make a world of differences.

So do u leave your mobile data on all the time (or as needed)?If u leave it on all the time, do u use any of the built in power saving modes like cpu power,and data connection? Also could u tell me how long ur getting off the charger with your settings?

el bos

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
So if I only turn on location and data as needed I would get 4+ hours of screen on time,and also what about using auto brightness and leaving WiFi on all the time only in known areas then shut off?I have the seidio commuter case on my phone,is that why it is heating up so quickly?
Auto brightness doesn't effect battery that much. Disasble WIFI when you're not connected. If you have it enabled all the time the wifi antenna is always active looking for a wifi connection which drains the battery. The case doesn't have to do with any battery drain. You should also consider "rooting" your phone. Seems like you're new to Android so do some EXTENSIVE research before doing this. It's quite easy. These are the results I'm getting everyday after rooting...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-25-23-12-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-25-23-12-08.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 46

joshyth

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So do u leave your mobile data on all the time (or as needed)?If u leave it on all the time, do u use any of the built in power saving modes like cpu power,and data connection? Also could u tell me how long ur getting off the charger with your settings?

Yeah, i keep the mobile data on all the time, but i do use the power saving mode...so the connection will be hibernated when i'm not using the phone.

i'm getting about 25 hours off the charger with about 5 hours screen on time. Take a look at few posts above, i posted a few screenshots.

Muhaimin Qureshi

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Guys I have had a one x since about 20-25 days and the battery has dissapointed me.It literally drains out when I am socializing and the battery madly heats up when I play a game :( plz help I need a fix for my problems

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Lecrae, as someone who gets 6 hours screen on time regularly, I'm confident the following will at least help, noticeably, with your battery life:

1. Disable/Uninstall the Facebook app. THIS WILL GREATLY INCREASE IDLE BATTERY LIFE! And battery life in general. The app is terrible about refreshing, yes even with battery guru and sync turned off. Use the browser version instead. Watch your wakelocks greatly decline.

2. Try out Snapdragon Battery Guru. Set all apps to refresh only when you open them. Turn off the data with screen off too. This helps. Do not use power saver with battery guru.

3. Autobrightness, all the time. Although minimal brightness can save you battery, I think this is a good trade-off. Keeps the screen plenty bright.

4. Turn off location tracking in all apps and the browser (if it has it). Keep network location on, but GPS off.

5. Turn sync off. For everything, including contacts.

6. Wifi on when possible, and keep it off when you're not in a connection area.

7. Unless you use it, disable all bloat through app manager, like sprint zone etc.

And no, the case is not the reason the phone is heating up so quickly. Hopefully the above will help.

Do you know of a app that turns on and off wifi,and 3g/4g,and one that doesn't drain my battery even more than if I toggled it on/off myself?

Can anyone tell me if the otterbox commuter case causes overheating issues especially outdoors?

Last edited by a moderator:

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
So as you'll be able to see from my screen shots below I am getting horrible battery life! And I force stop apps such as Facebook and have turned off all notifications but it still seems to be keeping my phone awake. Any help would be appreciated.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
UNINSTALL the horrible Facebook app, as well as Instagram. Make sure sync is off, and check your blinkfeed refresh settings. Then get back to us.

Last edited by a moderator:

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
UNINSTALL the horrible Facebook app, as well as Instagram. Make sure sync is off, and check your blinkfeed refresh settings. Then get back to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok will do thank you...

Anyone been able to run their phone, with no problems, with the Facebook, still installed?

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. I mean I know taking it off my phone willake a difference. But I'm wondering how others that are getting great battery life are able to leave it on.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

How is my battery life looking? This is all with power saver on and brightness at the minimum. I feel that MX Player is using more battery than it should, even when set to the lowest brightness.

Tom

Sent from my HTC One :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372674690400.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372674690400.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372674727897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372674727897.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372674794673.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372674794673.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 43

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
What do you use to sync your contact pictures without the facebook app?

I was thinking the same thing. I mean I know taking it off my phone willake a difference. But I'm wondering how others that are getting great battery life are able to leave it on.

Well, it's just for experiment's sake. If you find your battery life (vastly) improving after disabling it, then at least you've identified one culprit. You'd have a choice at that point as to what was more valuable to you. I think it's always helpful to identify sources of possible battery drain. Just know that the Facebook app is absolutely terrible about background refreshing, even with all refresh settings off AND something like Battery Guru limiting it. It's just the way it works. You'll lose out a little functionality using the browser, but that's worth it to me. I don't know of any other app to sync photos, but it's probably out there.

el bos

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget to enable Sleep mode in Power Settings! That will help a lot! I use FB, FB Messenger, Instagram, and Twitter and I can still be able to get 4-430 hours of screen time. Just don't forget to close the apps when you're done! Tap the Home button twice and swipe away the apps you're not using anymore. That will also help!

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget to enable Sleep mode in Power Settings! That will help a lot! I use FB, FB Messenger, Instagram, and Twitter and I can still be able to get 4-430 hours of screen time. Just don't forget to close the apps when you're done! Tap the Home button twice and swipe away the apps you're not using anymore. That will also help!

Doesn't matter. Sleep mode, exiting out of it, disabling sync, and battery guru WITH data off while sleeping AND FB refreshing only when you open it will still have FB causing an insane number of wakelocks. There was a noticeable decrease in idle battery drain and wakelocks in general after disabling. Messenger is even worse. I never even opened it, and it still caused drain and wakelocks just by being installed. It's a pretty terrible app too, honestly.

el bos

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter. Sleep mode, exiting out of it, disabling sync, and battery guru WITH data off while sleeping AND FB refreshing only when you open it will still have FB causing an insane number of wakelocks. There was a noticeable decrease in idle battery drain and wakelocks in general after disabling. Messenger is even worse. I never even opened it, and it still caused drain and wakelocks just by being installed. It's a pretty terrible app too, honestly.
I see. I havent noticed substantial battery drain from FB and FB Messenger my self. I understand that it has wakelocks but not crazy enough to uninstall them. I disable locations inside the app, set Refresh Interval to never, and I dont sync my photos. Maybe thats why. And yes, you get better battery life without them for sure. I've tried it myself. Well hopefully Lacrae116 solves his battery issue.

andylau09

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
32 hours with 3.5 hrs screen on, power saving off. This is pretty impressive!:)

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1372869317748.jpg
    1372869317748.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 96

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
32 hours with 3.5 hrs screen on, power saving off. This is pretty impressive!:)

How did you manage to get 32 hours with that screen-on time? what are your settings,enabled features etc... and are you rooted?I never thought it was possible especially using 4g,and also could you tell us what carrier your using?

andylau09

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
How did you manage to get 32 hours with that screen-on time? what are your settings,enabled features etc... and are you rooted?I never thought it was possible especially using 4g,and also could you tell us what carrier your using?

I forgot to make it clear in my post. My phone is rooted, running Android Revolution HD 11.0, Bulletproof kernel. I am on AT&T, I disabled the LTE and use it when I need it (streaming 1080p YouTube video). I am using automatic brightness mode. I disabled the GPS but keep the Google location service on for my clock widget. I use an app called Greenify to force Google search, Facebook and Google Map into hibernating mode. I also use Titanium Backup Pro to freeze certain HTC apps. I use Clean Master to release the memory every 3-5 hours.

Attachments

• 1372870543545.jpg
    1372870543545.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 1372870550843.jpg
    1372870550843.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 1372870558866.jpg
    1372870558866.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 1372870565044.jpg