HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Its been two months and thank God I bought my phone from Costco. I returned it yesterday for an S4. The battery was giving me 3 hours max, light use. It got up to 108 degrees at times of heavy use (Simpsons Tapped Out). One more thing HTC One users, my battery swelled and made my the lower portion of my screen bow forward. Not cool. I took it to Sprint... They were like, "Did you leave it in the sun? We can't repair this if you don't have Sprint insurance, call HTC" I called HTC, "We have never seen or heard about this."
That seems really weird. I would even say that even if you left it in the sun it shouldn't do that. Totally looks like a defective device.

GOD bless Costco.

Sent from my Nexus 4

emirozmen

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
3 days and finally settling!

utf-8BU2NyZWVuc2hvdF8yMDEzLTA3LTE1LTE1LTM2LTM1LnBuZw_zps284acfb2.png

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Wakelock detector says that Google Maps is almost always running. By the end of the day I have some number like x9000 showing next Google Maps. I tried to 'Force Stop' the app, but it just stays in the 'Running' apps list in Wakelock detector. Anybody else face this issue? Any idea how I can stop it from doing it, without actually 'Disable'ing the app?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Here is my usage history today! I am really happy with this performance! When I use heavily, I get around 7hrs though.

1374032017163.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

viiper

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Is this a normal battery life? I've only used kik messenger, this app and a little web browsering

That's the rest of the info to go with my last post is that a normal battery life?

Attachments

• 1374130003279.jpg
    1374130003279.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by a moderator:

mpanju7

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
That's the rest of the info to go with my last post is that a normal battery life?

That seems about average, there are some folks who get amazing mileage in terms of standby and screen on times.
I am on stock ROM & Kernel, unrooted and when on mobile data I get similar results as yours. However, my carrier signal switching is quite bad, it's always fluctuating between E, 3G & H so I don't get more than 13-15 hours with between 3 - 3.5 hours of screen on time. Wi-Fi performance is far better and one time I hit 5 hours of screen on time.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q587xn75uwepqhi/yaIzspclNP

viiper

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
For some reason my phone does that too I'll be at 10 percent then out of nowhere it dies or wen its charging it will say 74% then 100% out of nowhere

T_Saunders

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Maybe our phones are defective? I'm not a ''heavy'' user and my phone dies after about 7 hours of use. My phone has completely died on me about 5 times within 3 weeks of owning it

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm using an evo 3d and I'm getting about 2-4 hours max of battery. It goes down 1% every minute to a minute and a half. This is with surfing the internet on 3g non stop on low to medium brightness. How long will the battery last me on an htc one if I'm on the internet non stop?

Im very apprehensive about people posting 8-10 hour battery life because that's with very minimal usage and that's not good. I need something that will last me at minimum 8 hours of constant use with the screen always on.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm using an evo 3d and I'm getting about 2-4 hours max of battery. It goes down 1% every minute to a minute and a half. This is with surfing the internet on 3g non stop on low to medium brightness. How long will the battery last me on an htc one if I'm on the internet non stop?

Im very apprehensive about people posting 8-10 hour battery life because that's with very minimal usage and that's not good. I need something that will last me at minimum 8 hours of constant use with the screen always on.

Well I don't think you're going to find a phone like that. You will most likely have to get an extendable battery or in the case of the one, a battery pack case.

viiper

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's a phone that will last 8 hours of screen on time maybe if u get an S4 with the 7500 mah zerolemon extended battery

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't think you're going to find a phone like that. You will most likely have to get an extendable battery or in the case of the one, a battery pack case.

I don't think there's a phone that will last 8 hours of screen on time maybe if u get an S4 with the 7500 mah zerolemon extended battery

That's kind of what I figured, oh well. I'm thinking I'm going to wait for the nexus 5 and see if they put in a much better battery or will it be the same junk the nexus 4 battery is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2