HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
IMO the battery life on this phone is great and I couldn't have asked for better. I was very skeptical at first because people were saying the battery life stinks but I've been getting at least 5 hours of constant screen time. On my old android phone I was lucky to get 2 hours of screen time so I am more then happy that I no longer need to carry a charger with me to work or anywhere I go.

Standby time on this phone is amazing as well, my previous phones real life standby time was about 4-5 hours. I have included my battery graph which the phone was mainly on standby with some video camera usage, interneting and talking and it still lasted me just about all of my shift plus a few hours.

uploadfromtaptalk1376429889841.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

skyrocket

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Update on my battery situation. I've been playing around with different configurations and applications that could possibly save battery life. I am back to simply using Power Saver all of the time and trying to fully close applications (double tapping home button and swiping up on all applications). I've seen improvements but I'm still not seeing great improvements. I've also been experimenting with avoiding Spotify and I've noticed drastic improvements in battery life in the past couple days. I unplugged at 11 am, and it's now 5:39 and it's at 73% battery left. Didn't realize that Spotify ate so much of my battery...

jsp85

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Pra P,

Sorry for taking so long before answering. I don't check the forum too many these days. There is no special setting on my Fb app. I just deactivate all notifications. Figure I can just open the app if I want to know something. I don't use the app that much also.

akshat_tyagi

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Please some one help me man.
I just got my HTC ONE two days ago.
Its is an amazing phone but for me the battery sucks big time.
It harldy last for 6 hours, I am a heavy userwhen it comes to games nd facebook nd internet. ( I use it for about 4 hours around that 6 hour time)
I have lowest brightness, No Blinkfeed, no wifi, 2g/3g connectivity full time, facebook nd whatsapp in sync, no bluetooth, games like real racing 3, dead trigger, no music yet, sometimes I use camera for like ten minutes.
I didnt charge my phone when it came, I used all the battery it had.
then I charged it
Is that an issue?
Please help

PS
I tried
somee battery saving apps, they dont work :\
Is my phone battery defected?
BAD ENGLISH I KNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

rguy007

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Probably start a couple pages back as there are a lot of helpful suggestions on improving battery life.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Please some one help me man.
I just got my HTC ONE two days ago.
Its is an amazing phone but for me the battery sucks big time.
It harldy last for 6 hours, I am a heavy userwhen it comes to games nd facebook nd internet. ( I use it for about 4 hours around that 6 hour time)
I have lowest brightness, No Blinkfeed, no wifi, 2g/3g connectivity full time, facebook nd whatsapp in sync, no bluetooth, games like real racing 3, dead trigger, no music yet, sometimes I use camera for like ten minutes.
I didnt charge my phone when it came, I used all the battery it had.
then I charged it
Is that an issue?
Please help

No I wouldn't say it's an issue with your phone. I get approx. 2.5-3 hours on mine when its not on standby. So you're getting significantly better battery than me. If you don't use this phone allot, the battery life is awesome.

uploadfromtaptalk1377819816420.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Florin Niro

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
so guys... i got my One today it had like 60-70% battery and used it to 6% in few hours.... so i closed and put it to charge... and in 3h it was charged ... so after 4h now i`m at 29% with not so much use at all i had skype running for like 20 mins made a video call of 1-2min and it shows it used 13% facebook in the background it shows 30%

so my guess is either it should of stay on recharge more hours even dow it showed its full or wtf...

Danny Yang

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Anytime I have this much batter after a long day, is a good day. Haha
ta3ebunu.jpg
u2ydarud.jpg

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had my HTC One now for a couple days and I'm pleased with the battery life. As anyone would do with a new device they are on it a lot in the first few days. I've been getting a consistent 12+ hours on my battery doing all kinds of tasks like web surfing, video watching, music, pictures and texting. Oh yeah even a few phone calls :)

Screenshot below with 55 % left on the battery.
u2y4y4ap.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app