HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I get plenty of hours of overall life but when I look at GSAM, my "screen time" is still pretty low, like under an hour. I guess that's just my usage of the phone, but if I make a concerted effort to do things with the screen on more constantly, battery life gets significantly worse. To see you guys getting that much screen time is crazy to me.

mpanju7

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
My personal experience with the HTC One is kinda sullied due to the mediocre battery life. The battery performance is awesome on Wi - Fi but GSM performance falls way short. I don't know if it's because I'm using it here in Tanzania where carrier performance and quality falls behind Europe and North America (Plenty of msm_hsic_host wakelocks) but my handset won't last more than 12 - 14 hours with screen on time varying between 2.5 to 3.5 hours.

Posted via Android Central App

dillikathug

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I updated my HTC One unlocked edition to android 4.3 a few days back. I have noticed that the battery life drains at a much faster pace now, especially when not on a wifi network. The options for "scanning always on" were turned off by default when the update got installed. That's the first thing I checked.

And, when on wifi, battery is a dream ! it lasted around 36 hours with good amount of social networking, phone calls etc.

But today, when not on wifi, it saw battery going from 100% to 30% in a matter of 8 hours without much use.. few mins phone calls and only 15-20 min of browsing on social networks. When checking battery usage details, its "Android OS" which has consumed 68% of the battery ! followed by Google Services at 10% !

can anyone help on what could be plaguing the phone after the 4.3 update?

MoshuXXL

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Wait for 2-3 more days after updating for the system to settle before judging battery life. After this if the battery life is still worse than before do a backup and reset to factory settings.

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
just curious, what is the best app for tracking "screen on time"? can you do it from the phones own settings (i can't find the option) or can you only do that through a 3rd party app? i've had my ONE for about a week and would be curious to know what kind of screen on time i'm getting out of it. i've used it really heavily today and mainly on 4g with very little wifi and i unplugged at 6 am and its now almost 2 pm and i'm at 30% battery.

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or did the battery charging time go down from around 4 hours to 2hrs with battery life going down the same as well?

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
i'd suggest using wake lock detector.
It accurately tracks screen-on time, awake time, sleep and time off charger
and what is using up your battery

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried using it before but never paying attention to it lol. I'll see if I can make better use of it now

mpanju7

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried using it before but never paying attention to it lol. I'll see if I can make better use of it now

I'd recommend GSam Battery Monitor, it's got the best interface and details in my opinion, there is a free version but I ended up buying the Pro version.

BetterBatteryStats is also good but it's a paid app and to maximise it's use you need to root your device in order to get the more advanced data.

Finally, I also use an interesting app called Carat, it gives you a standardised score on your battery life based on their data, when I first got my HTC One my score was 80 but after the 4.3 update and the increased standby drain, it's dropped down to 65!

Hope those app recommendations are helpful do share with us your stats!

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend GSam Battery Monitor, it's got the best interface and details in my opinion, there is a free version but I ended up buying the Pro version.

BetterBatteryStats is also good but it's a paid app and to maximise it's use you need to root your device in order to get the more advanced data.

Finally, I also use an interesting app called Carat, it gives you a standardised score on your battery life based on their data, when I first got my HTC One my score was 80 but after the 4.3 update and the increased standby drain, it's dropped down to 65!

Hope those app recommendations are helpful do share with us your stats!

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually just installed gsam. Will post after a day. And hope that 4.3 update battery drain gets fixed... I'm still on 4.1 lol

htconelover136

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All i know is a normal htc one unit should get about 3-5 hours of screen time to deplete the battery depending on the usage of the user.
I get about 5 hours of screen time.
My settings:
Wifi always on
Mobile Data always off
Brightness auto
power saver off
bluetooth off
beats audio on

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
All i know is a normal htc one unit should get about 3-5 hours of screen time to deplete the battery depending on the usage of the user.
I get about 5 hours of screen time.
My settings:
Wifi always on
Mobile Data always off
Brightness auto
power saver off
bluetooth off
beats audio on

Isnt mobile data used for MMS like to send pics etc? With it being turned off it disables sending pics or am i wrong? Im still learning lol

wizard0207

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hy all.
I have a posible problem with my battery. Please look at the screenshots:

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_7.png

Setup is:
- wifi = off
- mobile data = off
- location = off
- sync apps = off
- brightness = manual set to 30%
- android 4.2.2 (stock)
- carrier = T-Mobile (M7)
- hard reset = done 2 times (no apps installed beside GSAM and WakeLock detector)
- power saver = on/off (not much of an impact)

What could it be? Should I return the phone?

AndroidAnthony

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
If you're not on a 4G plan or coverage area, switch off LTE otherwise it kills the battery searching for the signal that isn't there. Mine was running dry in under 12 hours but after switching that setting off get 24 hours between charges now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

wizard0207

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you're not on a 4G plan or coverage area, switch off LTE otherwise it kills the battery searching for the signal that isn't there. Mine was running dry in under 12 hours but after switching that setting off get 24 hours between charges now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Network mode is GSM only! I returned the phone so they can look what is going on. I`ll keep u up to date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995