HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Those energy apps change polling intervals and are a waste of time. Usually they do more harm and use more battery power.

Also please stop installing advanced task killer. I have customers coming in all the time complaining about missed texts and calls and I simply uninstall that app and everything works fine. These are advanced Android devices not original droids from 2008!

Posted via VzW HTC One

hardinseldon

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone.
First time Android user here.Using HTC One 4.2.2(dual sim).
Surprisingly my phone is charging quicker than I hoped(from what I was expecting after reading here)--80-90 mins for a jump from 20 to 100 percent flat in a switched-on idle state.
The discharge rate,however,is quick too-- crashing 10 to 15 percent in 1 hour 20 mins of casual texting(5 messages) and and about 10 songs played,(even with Airplane mode onafter texting),though in the idle discharging state it loses about 4-6 percent when kept idle overnight(12 hours) no wifi,sim,etc. but airplane mode off)
So I checked the battery usage stats after 15 mins of regular no-sim,no-sd card,airplane mode use ,and well--HTC sense is using up 45 percent,android only 7 percent and idle state discharge is 18 percent.
Hope this gives some insight into dual-sim battery behaviour and if some has an idea as to why Sense is taking up so much battery even for just browsing through the app drawer and settings,please let me know. :confused:

Last edited:

Wendy Symons

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have just updated my HTC One XL to 4.2 and battery life is terrible. I can see the percentage going down whilst using it. It also takes ages to recharge. I hope they fix this soon.

newnado

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
2h 40m of regular social media usage (Twitter, Path, Instagram, a little browsing, AC Forums), without game, or other audio/video entertainment, took 20% of my battery. Is it normal?

If I play heavy games such as Real Racing 3 or Madden NFL, it took 10% of my battery every 10 minutes. I am not using Beats Audio enchancement. Is it normal?

I am using autobrightness setting, Mobile Data On, Beats Audio Off, and Power Saver Off. And I still running on Android 4.2.2.

Thanks for the reply

Sent from my HTC One

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
pure3y9e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Kay DaBoy

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi i really need your help my HTC one went off by it self when it shows i have only 2 percent battery left.I was on my way home and by the time i got to the house the phone was already off by itself i try to charge but is not coming not even the red light is showing.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi i really need your help my HTC one went off by it self when it shows i have only 2 percent battery left.I was on my way home and by the time i got to the house the phone was already off by itself i try to charge but is not coming not even the red light is showing.

Make sure charger works, place it on charge, wait a couple minutes then hold down power for 30 seconds, then release

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank goodness for this thread. I too was concerned about battery life. I purchased juice defender ultimate and did notice an improvement in battery life but I found it still wanting compared to my old iPhone. I also remember reading about battery saver being a great resource and assumed it was turned on by the blue showing. By reading people's battery stats on here I realised by looking at mine that my battery saver was Off DOH. I must say the way on off looks on these things quite confusing if you're used to Apple.

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
not saying this is a do all fix all, but it seems to have worked for me. I use my phone moderately. Good does of texts, not many phone calls, checking facebook, vine, instagram. I was getting to work at 7 and using it and by 2 or 3 i would have to plug it in again. I would use GSAM and it would say my radio is using over 67 - 70 percent. So i got in touch with HTC support and got two tips

Charged my phone overnight with the phone off. Turned it on and held down the volume down button when i got to the HTC start up screen. It will put your phone into safe mode ( you can use all your other stock apps that come with phone, but any 3rd party apps you downloaded for the app store you wont see).
2.) was told to double tap home button and you see recent apps. Every so often get in the habit of closing these out bc they are still running.

Took phone off charger at 6 :30 am and it is now 2:40pm. My phone has been running for exactly 8 hours and 21 minutes and I have 65 % of my battery ( mainly for texting and doing checking my usual apps) BTW not in safe mode. Tried it the rest of yesterday and got tired of it. So all you do is power down and turn back on.

Also installed the new 4.4 launcher, Hangout with integrated MMS support and 4.4 keyboard. Idk if that has anything to do with it, but its fast!

BliTzTeriZe

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys, Been using the phone for 3 months now and I do have a battery issue as well...
I cant last with the phone for even 8 Hours.. People here are getting 12-14.. If I get that much... I will be happy
I do alot of texting and music and thats basically it.. nothing more than that.. I just wanna be able to get better battery life.. and if there is any more ways
please tell.. My battery goes down 1% every 2-3 minute and I am getting very less usage out of it.. I am planning to reset the phone and charge the phone over night and I will tell you guys how that goes.. Please.. any more solutions.. please tell..

Another thing.. It shows that my android system uses 83% I know thats not normal..
Please help.. Thanks. <3

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
My phone is almost a month old. I've ran cyanogen mod 10.2 and now I'm running Android revolution 31.0. I have been getting an average of around 14 hours of battery life in every rom I've used. I'm usually listening to music (on device and streaming) , on Facebook and texting all day from work. Plus I always seem to be in the play store. So I would say I'm a moderately heavy user. In days when I barely use the phone I've gotten as much as 24+ hours and still had juice left. I only use the power saver built in the phone. I bought juice defender but I really don't like how it works, and when i did use it it didn't seem to make that much of an improvement. I've been very happy with battery life.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Simon Divito

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
For anyone who is having poor battery issues here is my personal findings that have slowed my fast drain.
1 turn off 4g if you're not in a 4g area
2 use power save and set turn off data while screen off.
3 uninstall any alleged battery saving apps, I found snap dragon guru to be constantly waking my phone.
4 turn off Google now when not required.
5 manage your auto sync settings manually.
6 turn off locations
7 use WiFi where possible.

IMHO most of those settings you can live with without compromising functionality. I hope this helps someone out.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who is having poor battery issues here is my personal findings that have slowed my fast drain.
1 turn off 4g if you're not in a 4g area
2 use power save and set turn off data while screen off.
3 uninstall any alleged battery saving apps, I found snap dragon guru to be constantly waking my phone.
4 turn off Google now when not required.
5 manage your auto sync settings manually.
6 turn off locations
7 use WiFi where possible.

IMHO most of those settings you can live with without compromising functionality. I hope this helps someone out.

Turning off all these things, affects a lot of functionality, and you should not have to turn off things like location and 4g to improve battery life. What's the point of having beast phone if you turn off all the core features.
Here's how I have mine and pulling 4.5-7 hours of screen on time: auto brightness, 4g always on, WiFi always on, Bluetooth on, NFC on, GPS on ( but location history under maps setting off- thats what found to kill the battery the most).
Stock Rom, not rooted. If you have bad signal strength/ slow network connection, that can run down your battery very quickly.

lechan29

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine is operating normally, I suppose. I usually charge in the evening, fully charge at around 00.00 am , it decreases 7-8 % when it is 8:00 am (average down 1% per hour => I wonder it is the same with other HTC one or not?). If I just texting and sometimes check apps/update... I still got 65% at 9:00 pm. Using 4.2.2, not room/root - I am technology dummy => if I don't pay much attention and time on the phone, my HTC can run one day and a half (or may be 2 days)

My status is:
- Wifi on 24/24
- Apps on
- No mobile data/4g
- Screen resolution adjust to 30-40%
- Turn off power safe
- Use Juice Defender (haven't seen much whether the app works or not)

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
we do not have LTE yet, so what do i have to tick off in the settings?
right now i'm on option 2 in network mode: (GSM/ WCDMA auto).
should i even go for option 1? (GMS only?)
what do they use here in Israel FFS? most of the time i have this the small H letter with the small arrows at the network icon.

newnado

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Help me please!!!

My battery is running out faster than I thought, even for a regular browsing and other normal activities.

First, I am using a rooted Android 4.3, without custom ROM, but I didnt use Sense for UI, I chose Go Launcher instead.
Second, I always activate power saver mode on since the first time I bought my phone. I bought the One 2 months ago.
Third, I use my phones mainly for gaming, and I love to customizing my phone. I always maintain all apps that run on background, not forget to say that I always kill apps and cache everytime my screen turn off.
Fourth, I am using original charger for HTC One.
And last, I am using Du Battery Saver Pro.

Well, here is the problem...

My phone lose 8% of battery (from 100%) by the time I wrote this. Before that, I browse several things about my HTC One for 30 mins. To make it easy, I lose 1% every 2-3 mins of browsing.

If I play a HD Games, such as FIFA, Madden NFL, or Real Racing for one complete hour, I will lose 30-40% of my battery.

In standby condition, without turning the screen on (but mobile network data still active, except sleep), I will lose 3-4% of my battery every hour.

And the Du Battery Saver prediction about how long my phone will last is always failed. It said that my phone could last for 17 hours, but after 20 mins of browsing and opening some social apps, it said 15 hours remaining.

Last but not least, after root my phone and upgrade to 4.3, I do feel several improvement on my phone, except battery. Usually, I charge my phone from 20-100% for 2 h 30 mins, but now it took 3 h and several minutes. Remember, that I always turn power saver mode on.

Sorry for the wall of text, but to be honest, HTC One is the phone with the worst battery life that I ever had. iPhone, and several low-mid class Samsung phone are having better battery life.

I appreciate any answer, or maybe solution. Thanks :)

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Dakotabaker98

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So i just got a HTC One 3 days ago. My battery life has been AMAZING. But yesterday my play store updated and my google now updated. Play store is running 4.4.21. I also put the google experience launcher on there from phandroids video. I unplugged my phone last night and when i went to bed i had 80% 8 hours later i woke up and had 9%. Gsam battery monitor said Google play services? I took off the launcher but now i am stuck with the google now up date and the play store update. i also started using google hangouts. I tried uninstalling the play store update but then google hangouts wont work. Any ideas on what could have caused this? The phone is plugged in charging now so i have been through a days use since this happened but i am just a little worried because that is one of the main things that i was worried about before i got the phone was battery life! All help is greatly appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21