HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is always such a huge concern as it should be. Use this thread to share and post your battery life & stats. Screen shots, written experiences or whatever you got were willing to listen and learn from others possible tips and tricks.

Enjoy!

Erik Pendleton

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is always such a huge concern as it should be. Use this thread to share and post your battery life & stats. Screen shots, written experiences or whatever you got were willing to listen and learn from others possible tips and tricks.

Enjoy!

First day with full charge. My battery stats reset after running the unlock process this morning. It shows 8hr 29 min with 37% remaining. It is actually slightly over 10 hours at this point. This includes on time with the unlock, taking several zoes, other pics, numerous emails, messing with the setup quite a bit. On wifi most of the day.

Screen time is showing 1:55 minutes, and of concern "held awake" 2:21 minutes.

How to reduce the held awake time?

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone switching from a note 2 I would like to know how much a difference these two are. I know its not fair but just curious

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Took mine off the charger at about 6a.m.-ish and with moderate use im at 52%. Thats about 14 hours, so not too bad.

I came from a Note 2 and so far I'd say its very, very close to the Note 2. On the Note at about this time of night i'd have close to 50%. Also with the Note 2 I could get 2 days on one charge and I'm sure the One would be very close, I just don't trust it enough yet to not charge it nightly.

So far so good but needs a few more days of evaluation to be sure.

edit:
Day 2:
xm5s9t.png

Last edited:

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Happy with the first day on a full charge. I have wifi, bluetooth NFC on all day. 3 Gmail accounts syncing, blink feed off weather widget syncs every 3 hours with location about on hour and a half of podcasts and music streaming through bluetooth some Web browsing and 2.5 hours of phone calls and over 2 hours of screen on time. Should get better in the next couple of days. uploadfromtaptalk1366350624674.jpg

Sent from my HTC One

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Happy with the first day on a full charge. I have wifi, bluetooth NFC on all day. 3 Gmail accounts syncing, blink feed off weather widget syncs every 3 hours with location about on hour and a half of podcasts and music streaming through bluetooth some Web browsing and 2.5 hours of phone calls and over 2 hours of screen on time. Should get better in the next couple of days. View attachment 65472

Sent from my HTC One

Looks good. You talk a lot of the phone.

Your held awake number looks high too.

I dont understand the Average Battery life figure of 7 hr 18m?

I tink Wifi is killing my battery life as I get a lousy signal at work all day that frequently drops.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
How many charges do you guys think the battery will be good for before it starts to hold less and less of a charge? This is my big fear because we can't swap it out =( In a years time do you think HTC will have a reliable way to change out batteries for this model?

fettym

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i started at 1pm with 70%, now it's 630 and i'm down to 10%, is this becasue it's first boot and haven't had full charge yet? new to android. nothing too crazy for usage, downlaoded apps and synced to computer but i figured it was charging at that time

fettym

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
a lot of the reviews were making the battery sound good. i've had it on for an hour now and done facebook browsing, 5 pictures, 1 zoe, some mail settings and have lost 11% already. phone may be getting returned...

Erik Pendleton

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
a lot of the reviews were making the battery sound good. i've had it on for an hour now and done facebook browsing, 5 pictures, 1 zoe, some mail settings and have lost 11% already. phone may be getting returned...

So, how much screen time? 10%/hour works out to 10 hours. Throw in a few hours were you aren't taking pics and having the screen on and you are through the day.

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

You've only owned the phone for an hour and you're already judging the battery life?

People, it takes DAYS for the battery in ANY phone to properly condition itself, maybe even up to a week. Be patient!

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
first android for me, bare with me!

Take your time, son. You've got a real phone now. Not sure what you were using before, but if it was a BB, iOS, feature phone, whatever, you're in the big leagues now. A real computer in your pocket. It's not a Fisher Price calculator, so it's not going to last all day.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So this is my first full day with the phone (picked it up last night) and considering batteries dont really perform perfectly until they are used for a few days, i have quite a nice battery on this phone, granted i took it off the charger at 9am today and its only 4, but i have been installing apps all day, on wifi, 3g, been using google now, facebook, blinkfeed, uploading pictures, the screen has rarely been off because the phone is so hard to put down! Im at 40% right now which i think is great my evo 3D wouldve died 3 hrs ago! Going to have to top it off before i go out to take some action shots tonight

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Take your time, son. You've got a real phone now. Not sure what you were using before, but if it was a BB, iOS, feature phone, whatever, you're in the big leagues now. A real computer in your pocket. It's not a Fisher Price calculator, so it's not going to last all day.

It should last all day with a 2300mah battery lets not fool ourselves

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Erik Pendleton

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
It should last all day with a 2300mah battery lets not fool ourselves

Today I have been off the charger for 15 hrs 1 min and am at 25%. That is with 2:44 screen time and I took a ton of pictures and zoes, uploads and emails like crazy.

I can't complain about that battery life.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Eh not too impressed with the battery life today. Used the camera a lot though. It's about the sane life I was getting with my Samsung Galaxy S2.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366514228953.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366514228953.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 334
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366514248629.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366514248629.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 336
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366514264677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366514264677.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 333

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
People may want to state if they are using battery saver the whole time and what brightness level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs