Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 33 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 807
Like Tree186Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Battery life is always such a huge concern as it should be. Use this thread to share and post your battery life & stats. Screen shots, written experiences or whatever you got were willing to listen and learn from others possible tips and tricks.

    Enjoy!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Battery life is always such a huge concern as it should be. Use this thread to share and post your battery life & stats. Screen shots, written experiences or whatever you got were willing to listen and learn from others possible tips and tricks.

    Enjoy!
    First day with full charge. My battery stats reset after running the unlock process this morning. It shows 8hr 29 min with 37% remaining. It is actually slightly over 10 hours at this point. This includes on time with the unlock, taking several zoes, other pics, numerous emails, messing with the setup quite a bit. On wifi most of the day.

    Screen time is showing 1:55 minutes, and of concern "held awake" 2:21 minutes.

    How to reduce the held awake time?
    john barta and player0807 like this.
  3. #3  
    domo22's Avatar

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Anyone switching from a note 2 I would like to know how much a difference these two are. I know its not fair but just curious
    geoff5093 and the1m.polo like this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Took mine off the charger at about 6a.m.-ish and with moderate use im at 52%. Thats about 14 hours, so not too bad.

    I came from a Note 2 and so far I'd say its very, very close to the Note 2. On the Note at about this time of night i'd have close to 50%. Also with the Note 2 I could get 2 days on one charge and I'm sure the One would be very close, I just don't trust it enough yet to not charge it nightly.

    So far so good but needs a few more days of evaluation to be sure.

    edit:
    Day 2:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Happy with the first day on a full charge. I have wifi, bluetooth NFC on all day. 3 Gmail accounts syncing, blink feed off weather widget syncs every 3 hours with location about on hour and a half of podcasts and music streaming through bluetooth some Web browsing and 2.5 hours of phone calls and over 2 hours of screen on time. Should get better in the next couple of days. HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-uploadfromtaptalk1366350624674.jpg

    Sent from my HTC One
  6. #6  
    SkyG's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion



    Not bad, me thinks.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydwg View Post
    Happy with the first day on a full charge. I have wifi, bluetooth NFC on all day. 3 Gmail accounts syncing, blink feed off weather widget syncs every 3 hours with location about on hour and a half of podcasts and music streaming through bluetooth some Web browsing and 2.5 hours of phone calls and over 2 hours of screen on time. Should get better in the next couple of days. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366350624674.jpg 
Views:	1274 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	65472

    Sent from my HTC One
    Looks good. You talk a lot of the phone.

    Your held awake number looks high too.

    I dont understand the Average Battery life figure of 7 hr 18m?

    I tink Wifi is killing my battery life as I get a lousy signal at work all day that frequently drops.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    How many charges do you guys think the battery will be good for before it starts to hold less and less of a charge? This is my big fear because we can't swap it out =( In a years time do you think HTC will have a reliable way to change out batteries for this model?
    The Hustleman likes this.
  9. #9  
    fettym's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    i started at 1pm with 70%, now it's 630 and i'm down to 10%, is this becasue it's first boot and haven't had full charge yet? new to android. nothing too crazy for usage, downlaoded apps and synced to computer but i figured it was charging at that time
  10. #10  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Got me worried. Just ordered one and these stats look horrendous. Got an S3 and 14 hours use and I'm left with about 50 percent.
    Jason Roldan likes this.
  11. #11  
    fettym's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    a lot of the reviews were making the battery sound good. i've had it on for an hour now and done facebook browsing, 5 pictures, 1 zoe, some mail settings and have lost 11% already. phone may be getting returned...
  12. #12  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by fettym View Post
    a lot of the reviews were making the battery sound good. i've had it on for an hour now and done facebook browsing, 5 pictures, 1 zoe, some mail settings and have lost 11% already. phone may be getting returned...
    So, how much screen time? 10%/hour works out to 10 hours. Throw in a few hours were you aren't taking pics and having the screen on and you are through the day.
    player0807 likes this.
  13. #13  
    KineticMD's Avatar
    Would-be Doc

    Posts
    207 Posts
    Carrier
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by fettym View Post
    a lot of the reviews were making the battery sound good. i've had it on for an hour now and done facebook browsing, 5 pictures, 1 zoe, some mail settings and have lost 11% already. phone may be getting returned...
    You've only owned the phone for an hour and you're already judging the battery life?

    People, it takes DAYS for the battery in ANY phone to properly condition itself, maybe even up to a week. Be patient!
  14. #14  
    fettym's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    first android for me, bare with me!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by fettym View Post
    first android for me, bare with me!
    Take your time, son. You've got a real phone now. Not sure what you were using before, but if it was a BB, iOS, feature phone, whatever, you're in the big leagues now. A real computer in your pocket. It's not a Fisher Price calculator, so it's not going to last all day.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    So this is my first full day with the phone (picked it up last night) and considering batteries dont really perform perfectly until they are used for a few days, i have quite a nice battery on this phone, granted i took it off the charger at 9am today and its only 4, but i have been installing apps all day, on wifi, 3g, been using google now, facebook, blinkfeed, uploading pictures, the screen has rarely been off because the phone is so hard to put down! Im at 40% right now which i think is great my evo 3D wouldve died 3 hrs ago! Going to have to top it off before i go out to take some action shots tonight
    mpanju7 and badbrad17 like this.
  17. #17  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    795 Posts
    Global Posts
    986 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Venkman View Post
    Take your time, son. You've got a real phone now. Not sure what you were using before, but if it was a BB, iOS, feature phone, whatever, you're in the big leagues now. A real computer in your pocket. It's not a Fisher Price calculator, so it's not going to last all day.
    It should last all day with a 2300mah battery lets not fool ourselves

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  18. #18  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    It should last all day with a 2300mah battery lets not fool ourselves

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Today I have been off the charger for 15 hrs 1 min and am at 25%. That is with 2:44 screen time and I took a ton of pictures and zoes, uploads and emails like crazy.

    I can't complain about that battery life.
    cizzlen and mpanju7 like this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Eh not too impressed with the battery life today. Used the camera a lot though. It's about the sane life I was getting with my Samsung Galaxy S2.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-uploadfromtaptalk1366514228953.jpg   HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-uploadfromtaptalk1366514248629.jpg   HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-uploadfromtaptalk1366514264677.jpg  
    Photon4glover likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    People may want to state if they are using battery saver the whole time and what brightness level.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    mpanju7 likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    It should last all day with a 2300mah battery lets not fool ourselves

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Only 200mah more than the s3 and the s3 doesn't last all day.

    It's only about 4 hours screen time NEW and 2 and a half when a year old

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    emanuelm123 and susanoo26 like this.
  22. #22  
    BigHonu's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKaMan View Post
    Eh not too impressed with the battery life today. Used the camera a lot though. It's about the sane life I was getting with my Samsung Galaxy S2.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    I'm getting similar results, though, only my first battery cycle.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  23. #23  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Give it more then a couple days to test battery life.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  24. #24  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    I got 1 day 4hrs use first full charge,couldnt stay off the damn thing.i messed with everything. video, internet, camera, apps even the damn FM radio ......19% battery and watched a 1hr video and only went down to 10%. have a GS3 rooted with Cyanogen .....last about the same.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtnew View Post
    How many charges do you guys think the battery will be good for before it starts to hold less and less of a charge? This is my big fear because we can't swap it out =( In a years time do you think HTC will have a reliable way to change out batteries for this model?
    This is my main fear before I decide part with £480.
Page 1 of 33 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HTC Amaze battery life
    By vsnlweb in forum T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 12:26 AM
  2. HTC addresses battery life on the One X in its blog
    By saintforlife in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 10:14 PM
  3. HTC Flyer Battery Life
    By shadohh in forum HTC Flyer
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 04:00 PM
  4. htc and battery life
    By Android 19 in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 08:31 PM
  5. Interesting response from HTC regarding battery life
    By slinky317 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 08:39 AM

Posting Permissions