My 3 gripes about the One, and no it's not the camera.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Dragging icons to/from the dock is extremely silly. If I want to replace the "Internet" icon with "Chrome" I have to drag the Internet app BACK to the app drawer!? If I want to switch it back, I have to drag the Chrome icon BACK to the app drawer? Uh..

Vibrations for the back/home buttons? where are they?

The back key doesn't work to get back to your home screen when the app drawer's up. So if I have the app drawer up, and pull the bar down and go to Settings, then About. I can press back to exit back out until I hit the app drawer, then I gotta press Home??

All in all, I really like the phone, those 3 gripes could EASILY be fixed with software updates.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Dragging icons to/from the dock is extremely silly. If I want to replace the "Internet" icon with "Chrome" I have to drag the Internet app BACK to the app drawer!? If I want to switch it back, I have to drag the Chrome icon BACK to the app drawer? Uh..

The back key doesn't work to get back to your home screen when the app drawer's up. So if I have the app drawer up, and pull the bar down and go to Settings, then About. I can press back to exit back out until I hit the app drawer, then I gotta press Home??

All in all, I really like the phone, those 3 gripes could EASILY be fixed with software updates.

As far as the vibrations for the buttons make sure power saver is off. When i first tested the phone at ATT i was wondering why they werent vibrating either and i didnt like it but after a while i realized power saver was on and then they started giving feedback

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
As far as the vibrations for the buttons make sure power saver is off. When i first tested the phone at ATT i was wondering why they werent vibrating either and i didnt like it but after a while i realized power saver was on and then they started giving feedback

I'm not feeling vibrations with power saving off. I feel it when I'm typing on the KB though..

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not feeling vibrations with power saving off. I feel it when I'm typing on the KB though..

Power saver is the only place I see to turn this on and off. All I can say is make sure it is off, or the vibration option isn't checked.

Regarding the app drawer, I agree. This drove me to put the same launcher as my old phone as I couldn't stand the step back with the sense launcher. Of course you loose blink feed.

skizzoid

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

The dock is essentially an extension of the app drawer; if you keep that in mind, then every issue with it makes sense. I'm not saying it's good design, but it's consistent.

For vibrations, go to Sound>Vibrate on Touch.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's ideal either but if forwarned you won't be disappointed. I don't change my dock very often so it doesn't bother me. Also I haven't had issue getting back to home screens.
Guess it's all what you want device to do.
Great thing about Android is choice and user customization.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

ljx718

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
settings for back and home are there. look for them in settings.

and you sound like a whinner for the other "issues" just accept it or put another launcher. As of now, it is what it is.

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
the drag and drop **** annoys me as well, no real complaints other than that though

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995