No Google Wallet?

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
G Wallet does not work. I have not heard anyone talk about this here. Any workarounds or is it kaput?

As others have mentioned already, it likely has to do with the carriers blocking it.

If the developer unit doesn't allow it then you'll have a more concrete answer one way or another.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Agree with the above. If you on AT&T it's not gonna work on stock rom. Sprint should work, not sure about T-Mobile.

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Google wallet does not work on my Sprint One, it might be due to Google not adding the one to the app allowed list since Sprint says that they allow the app on all of their capable phones.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
It won't let me install on a dev unit but I chose att when picking g network in the setup menu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

poncewattle

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
That's crap. Is there anyway around this?

My (developer) unit should get here Monday, no Tuesday, no, now Wednesday :-(

Anyway, the first month I'm going to load it with a Simple Mobile Sim (I'm in a refarmed 1900 area) so I'll see if Google Wallet works that way.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Goole wallet works fine for me on AT&T and T-Mobile with my Nexus 4. The HTC One unlocked version should work fine with Google wallet no matter which carrier I would think. If you got it from the carrier, depending on which, it will either never work or eventually work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Can I activate the device without a sim, download wallet via wifi and then put in my AT&T sim?

Doesn't matter. Google Wallet won't work if you have an AT&T HTC One. You can download the app but it will always fail to open and give an error message saying its not a supported device.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't matter. Google Wallet won't work if you have an AT&T HTC One. You can download the app but it will always fail to open and give an error message saying its not a supported device.

How about with a custom ROM?

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Well does anyone know why it doesn't work on a sprint version of the phone? I deleted cache, reinstalled the app and still it says unsupported, so i believe at this time it may just be that Google has not verified the device to work with it

Went from an HTC 3D to a One

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol