99% sure I'm getting this phone. A couple questions.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Does the notification shade have quick settings toggles? I really like being able to toggle wifi, bluetooth, screen rotation, etc.
2. Will this phone be rootable? I haven't had an HTC phone in a very long time, so I am very out of touch with the HTC root scene. I don't need to flash ROMs, I use Titanium Backup and like giving Nova launcher Pro the ability to manage widgets (which requires root).
3. Can you choose to only auto-upload certain folders of photos to get around the whole Zoe's causing tons of photos to auto upload thing?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
1. Does the notification shade have quick settings toggles? I really like being able to toggle wifi, bluetooth, screen rotation, etc.
2. Will this phone be rootable? I haven't had an HTC phone in a very long time, so I am very out of touch with the HTC root scene. I don't need to flash ROMs, I use Titanium Backup and like giving Nova launcher Pro the ability to manage widgets (which requires root).
3. Can you choose to only auto-upload certain folders of photos to get around the whole Zoe's causing tons of photos to auto upload thing?

I can answer the first two questions with certainty.
1 - there is no stock toggle, though there is a mod out already (for Sprint at least).
2 - Again, I am on Sprint and there is a really nice Windows Tool for it. But it basically does the dev unlock. TWRP recovery is working well and installs SuperSU for you if you want it to. It's actually really slick. No S-Off method yet...
3 - I haven't found a way. That doesn't mean there isn't one or that there won't be one, but as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to do that with stock sense. I imagine someone will find a way to do it tho since they are sitting in different folders...

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

1. No, but there are apps that will do that will put toggles in the notification shade. There is a settings shortcut in the shade that take you to the setting menu.

2. it is rooted and roms are available.

3. Don't know.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had Windows Phones then Samsung Android phones for the past few years, so pardon me if this is obvious, but what is the significance of S-Off vs. S-On?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had Windows Phones then Samsung Android phones for the past few years, so pardon me if this is obvious, but what is the significance of S-Off vs. S-On?

It's just an extra security measure HTC takes. Being S-On (how the phone is shipped) prevents you from flashing new radios and the like. It won't affect your romming, modding, or kernels for the most part, esp. while the phone is brand new. If history is any measure, there will be a method very soon, so you don't need to worry about it.

zdecke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to get the app data from my Samsung Galaxy Note onto a One?

Not sure but I bet the HTC transfer tool app could do it. Check it out. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.htc.dnatransfer.legacy&hl=en&token=vinaT-KM

Also, as for the quick toggle settings, I saw a youtube review of the phone where the person showed a ton of different widgets already available on the phone that you could add to one of your homescreens for quick-toggle settings.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure but I bet the HTC transfer tool app could do it. Check it out. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.htc.dnatransfer.legacy&hl=en&token=ooF6lTAq

Also, as for the quick toggle settings, I saw a youtube review of the phone where the person showed a ton of different widgets already available on the phone that you could add to one of your homescreens for quick-toggle settings.

A widget doesn't do the same thing. The thing that makes quick toggles so great is that you don't have to leave the app your using to use them. You pull the shade down, click, and go about your business. With a widget you have to click home, scroll to the screen with the widget, click the widget, double click home, click the app you had been using, then go about your business. I'll just flash the first rooted stock rom that has them. Thats what I do on my Note. I run a rooted stock rom that has a couple small tweeks (like notification shade setting toggles).

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i dont think theres a way around auto uploading the zoes. the camera saves all pictures, videos and zoes in the same folder. it just adds "ZOE" to the file names of the zoes.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i dont think theres a way around auto uploading the zoes. the camera saves all pictures, videos and zoes in the same folder. it just adds "ZOE" to the file names of the zoes.

Thats unfortunate. I really like auto upload, but that could seriously be too many pictures to deal with.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thats unfortunate. I really like auto upload, but that could seriously be too many pictures to deal with.

It certainly is. I had to take off the auto upload for Dropbox because after taking "two" zoes I had 40 nearly-identical photos in my Dropbox. I had to delete 38 of them and then unclick the "auto upload."

skizzoid

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
A widget doesn't do the same thing. The thing that makes quick toggles so great is that you don't have to leave the app your using to use them. You pull the shade down, click, and go about your business. With a widget you have to click home, scroll to the screen with the widget, click the widget, double click home, click the app you had been using, then go about your business. I'll just flash the first rooted stock rom that has them. Thats what I do on my Note. I run a rooted stock rom that has a couple small tweeks (like notification shade setting toggles).

Check out Widgetsoid. They have notification shade toggles that you can customize, ? la CM. The downside is that the Power Saver notification stays on top, so the toggles are always the second notification down, but it's still a huge improvement from having to use widget toggles.

If you want the 4.2-style toggles, there's AnTek Quick Settings.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

'power toggles' works too, loads of settings

sent from my awesome HTC One B-)

Erik Pendleton

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

As was said way before this post, there are notification shade widgets that do the same thing.