Notification Options?

Reds1416

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got the HTC One today because the new Blackberry lacked a few options I needed for work, but I can't get the notifications to work in a way that makes sense. I can't seem to get the notification tone/sound to go off for text messages. When you go to "settings"....."sounds"....."notifications and alarms"... you choose your notification sound, but it doesn't let you assign it to a certain type of action. Help...

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got the HTC One today because the new Blackberry lacked a few options I needed for work, but I can't get the notifications to work in a way that makes sense. I can't seem to get the notification tone/sound to go off for text messages. When you go to "settings"....."sounds"....."notifications and alarms"... you choose your notification sound, but it doesn't let you assign it to a certain type of action. Help...

I do not have the One yet, but on most Android devices, if you want to assign a specific app a specific notification sound (in this case your messaging app) you do it in the apps settings, not the main settings menu

CreeperCode

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I do not have the One yet, but on most Android devices, if you want to assign a specific app a specific notification sound (in this case your messaging app) you do it in the apps settings, not the main settings menu

This.

Change the notification in the app itself. I have all my notifications assigned with different message tones. Works great.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol