One screen more scratchable? (Protector? Eww;-)

Barney Lerten

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, the gang at our AT&T store is better than I am at putting an infernal screen protector down without bubbles - you should see the co. iPad I have, eww -- but I still wish I could use my new One au naturel - brighter screen etc.
They said the screen is more scratchable than my old, great Inspire. And I do keep it in a pocket with a bunch of keys. So... live with the smeary protector so I get my 20 mos. between upgrades, or ... well, I'll be interested to hear what others say. The folks there said because it's thinner, the Gorilla Glass is as well, so it's not as durable - in 18 months not ONE scratch on the Inspire, just typically full of fingerprints;-)
So are you going protected or... naked?:D

Barney Lerten

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Like they make a big commission on that 'upsell'? She lied about someone coming back with one scratched already? And she seemed so nice;-) Hey, if I could swap em once a year without big $ ding I wouldn't care, but 20 months...

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, the gang at our AT&T store is better than I am at putting an infernal screen protector down without bubbles - you should see the co. iPad I have, eww -- but I still wish I could use my new One au naturel - brighter screen etc.
They said the screen is more scratchable than my old, great Inspire. And I do keep it in a pocket with a bunch of keys. So... live with the smeary protector so I get my 20 mos. between upgrades, or ... well, I'll be interested to hear what others say. The folks there said because it's thinner, the Gorilla Glass is as well, so it's not as durable - in 18 months not ONE scratch on the Inspire, just typically full of fingerprints;-)
So are you going protected or... naked?:D

Naked, not a single scratch in last month. Gorilla glass won't scratch with keys or metal, sand and harder minerals scratch gg screens, this screen will be as tough as any other gg2 screen.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Always go naked and never once had a scratch on my EVO LTE . I don't plan on using a screen protector now either.

Sent from my brilliant HTC One

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Have to agree with most here. Doesn't make sense to cover up such a beautiful screen with a cheap plastic screen protector. Ruins the phone in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JoshieMSU

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I've never put a screen protector on any phone I have ever owned. I hate them with the burning passing of 10,000 suns. They are pure evil.

Barney Lerten

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Tell me how ya really feel Joshie!;-) Thanks folks, 'naked' it is - if it makes the phone $5 less 'wonderful' for a rebuy at trade-in time big whoop. And as someone noted, the buttons get covered and are harder to press too, another reason to go unadorned;-)

ravikiran34

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had One X+ for about 5 months and went naked with it. Not a single scratch. My guess is that the One screen has to be the same or better. Although I must admit I was putting it in my winter jacket's upper pocket. That's the best part of winter. Your phone is almost always safe :)

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Tell me how ya really feel Joshie!;-) Thanks folks, 'naked' it is - if it makes the phone $5 less 'wonderful' for a rebuy at trade-in time big whoop. And as someone noted, the buttons get covered and are harder to press too, another reason to go unadorned;-)

Yes it does decrease sensitivity of the home and back buttons. My friend has zagg hd on his One and it definitely decreased sensitivity.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Barney Lerten

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe THAT's also why when I answered the phone the first time, I missed the call because I couldn't drag the lock-ring upward 'hard' enough to get it to answer! I'll probably remove it, and since I bought the 'lifetime guarantee' one (OK, call me a shmuck;-) - can always have them put one back on if I decide it's necessary. (I'm considering a flip case, but talk about slowing down the answering of the phone!)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Get something like Zagg or xtreme guard and no bubbles at all because of the application process.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Barney Lerten

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Really folks? That's the stuff I've used, and I get stuff stuck under it and bubbles. I have no hand-eye coordination, but even the 'pros' at the phone store couldn't get it on without them. And then, take the screen out in sunlight and dust sticks to the protector and .. yeech. I guess it's the old Your Mileage May Vary.