HTC One: This is THE BUG Thread.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: This is THE BUG Thread.

My SMS text color reverts back to the default color but my background texture stays on what I set it to. It has happened twice so far today.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Anyone notice that sometimes apps seem to install over an existing one? See the attached picture. Look at voice on the left side of the screen. View attachment 65626

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I did have that happen one time but it hasn't happened since. It happened when I got the phone and started loading the apps I wanted several at a time.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site

The home and back button become unresponsive at times. Multitasking will restart apps at times.

iamstillvince

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

not really a bug but a htc thing, ringer and notification are locked together. Only thing i dont like so far, i have an app that can do sound profiles and split the volumes. But since i have to use the app i cant do it with nfc. if i am missing something on how to split these sounds, please let me know

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else getting random reboots? It's in my pocket and when I pull it out I see an error window saying it restarted and to send error report. Some settings actually change after a reboot.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Anyone else getting random reboots? It's in my pocket and when I pull it out I see an error window saying it restarted and to send error report. Some settings actually change after a reboot.

Have you tried to update the profile by chance? I had some odd reboots as well and updated everything and it seemed to help.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

One thing I've noticed is that there doesn't seem to be a way to control the settings for the notification light when it comes to new messages received in the Gmail app. I have notifications enabled within the Gmail app but there's apparently no way to configure the notification light to not blink when a new Gmail message is received. I'd prefer the light not blink when I get a new Gmail message but still have the new icon message appear in the menu bar. Disabling the light for "Mail" in the Display - Settings area on the One has no impact on this, so I assume that's only for usage with the stock Mail app on the phone.

Certainly not a major deal but still a bit annoying for me.

neilnat

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

My back button seems to not be responsive at times.

Same here. Do we have any leads on this one? It's the only thing that's been bothering me. It's like it just doesn't register the first touch or two sometimes. It's happened too much and been reported by too many people to be my imagination or just not touching the right place.

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Ok I am running into a bug or issue I can't seem to solve that makes zero sense. Might be handcent bug or issue over HTC one but it is real annoying and make the app unusable for me. Also it's such a weird issue I keep double checking to see if I am crazy. But for some reason when I type in landscape mode, handcent keeps changing my I's to u's. For example I repeatedly tried typing is and it kept automatically fixing it to us. But only when i was typing using horizontal keyboard. When I use vertical keyboard it doesn't change is to us. Also on android default messaging app I have no problem. However for some strange reason when using handcent on horizontal it keeps changing I's to u's for me. I feel stupid even typing this cause bug seems so strange. But I checked like keyboard languages and all to make sure no weird setting is causing it. And I've tried redownloading app and same issue. I also typed "is" over and over. It didn't fail that everytime in vertical layout it works fine but in horizontal it keeps changing "is" to "us".

primal5

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

Anyone having sensitivity issues with the capacitive buttons?

My home key seems to be unresponsive at times requiring multiple presses or hitting it just above the icon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bpcooper14

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I couldn't find this option anywhere. I like the screen to stay on sometimes when it's plugged in. This option was originally under the Developer options in previous phones but isn't there anymore. Maybe i'm missing something.