HTC One: This is THE BUG Thread.

shane082000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: This is THE BUG Thread.

My HTC One causes the radio station in my car to reset to 107.9 FM every time I hang up from a call. The car is Ford. The OEM for the audio system is Sony. Android, Bluetooth and Synch are the software loads. I just bought the car 9 months ago and the problem occurred from the very first day. I have taken it to Ford three times to reload the software and latest updates with SYNCH. It doesn't help. Other family members have phones that do not reproduce this problem in my car. I don't know if I should troubleshoot with HTC, Sony, Ford, Synch or Android. Any suggestions?

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I have had my One for 2 or 3 months now and I am just experiencing my first problem so I am really happy with the phone. My problem is nothing critical but it is annoying.

My widgets are freezing on my phone. I use beautiful widgets, power toggles, the FM radio widget and all of them are freezing. The clock gets stuck. It currently says 1:29 a.m. when it is noon and the weather hasn't updated. My FM radio will turn on when I touch the widget but I can't use it change the station on the screen without going into the actual app. Even when I change the station, it still shows the old one on the home screen. Same thing with the power toggles. I try to adjust the brightness and it will adjust, but the symbol doesn't change to show me what setting I have it on, and the battery life number stays stagnant.

If I restart my phone, everything will run properly for a little bit before they all freeze again. Does anyone have any insight on why it is doing this? Thanks in advance.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I have had my One for 2 or 3 months now and I am just experiencing my first problem so I am really happy with the phone. My problem is nothing critical but it is annoying.

My widgets are freezing on my phone. I use beautiful widgets, power toggles, the FM radio widget and all of them are freezing. The clock gets stuck. It currently says 1:29 a.m. when it is noon and the weather hasn't updated. My FM radio will turn on when I touch the widget but I can't use it change the station on the screen without going into the actual app. Even when I change the station, it still shows the old one on the home screen. Same thing with the power toggles. I try to adjust the brightness and it will adjust, but the symbol doesn't change to show me what setting I have it on, and the battery life number stays stagnant.

If I restart my phone, everything will run properly for a little bit before they all freeze again. Does anyone have any insight on why it is doing this? Thanks in advance.

If you haven't already I would recommend clearing your app caches. Not if the One had it or not, only had it for a few weeks and it's running fine, but under storage there may be a make more room selection. There you should be able to clear your app caches and remove any temp files your phone had accumulated. If nothing else you can go into apps under settings and clear the cache for Facebook, your messaging app and your email app. It sounds like you're running low on resources. I would also check your email app and ensure you're not saving sent emails on your device. You shouldn't have to buy if you want restart when your finished and see if the performance improves.

JWMarMar

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

HTC One via Sprint
WILL NOT play Pandora without WiFi connection. App hangs and just shuffles from one song to another.
I average 8-10 error messages about Facebook messenger per day.
3-4 error messages a day reported about my "home screen" not loading?
Home is a 4G area.. when I enter 4G my phone gets hung and switches between 3G and 4G endlessly so no downloading unless it's over WiFi.
Yes I have uninstalled and redownloaded all of my issue software. Nothing helps.

I left Evo for this?? :-\

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I had a problem with Pandora the other day. Every time i would increase the volume the song would skip to the next one.

jcr2112

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

When I awake my phone on the lock screen at the bottom is shows that a song is playing with all the controls....unknown artist, unknown song and no sign off what music player it is... I go into apps to see what's running and close any music apps but still it does not go away until I rest the phone.... Any body else?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

apastrophe

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Just change the lockscreen mode... Just a tiny setting to be done... No issues with your phone :)
When I awake my phone on the lock screen at the bottom is shows that a song is playing with all the controls....unknown artist, unknown song and no sign off what music player it is... I go into apps to see what's running and close any music apps but still it does not go away until I rest the phone.... Any body else?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

freakshow999

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Probably already brought up....
I have proximity sensor problems in phone calls the phone screen doesn't come back on in a timely manner when I pull the phone away from my ear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

If you haven't already I would recommend clearing your app caches. Not if the One had it or not, only had it for a few weeks and it's running fine, but under storage there may be a make more room selection. There you should be able to clear your app caches and remove any temp files your phone had accumulated. If nothing else you can go into apps under settings and clear the cache for Facebook, your messaging app and your email app. It sounds like you're running low on resources. I would also check your email app and ensure you're not saving sent emails on your device. You shouldn't have to buy if you want restart when your finished and see if the performance improves.

I deleted all my caches and it worked for a day or so but everything is back to being frozen again. I don't have a whole lot on the phone (only using 10 gigs currently) so I don't know what's going on.

jcr2112

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

changing the lock screen has not solved this issue....it is completely sporadic and happens even when I have not listened to any music on my phone...what gives?...any other suggestions or ideas?

jcr2112

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Just change the lockscreen mode... Just a tiny setting to be done... No issues with your phone :)

I have tried changing lockscreens but no change...it is totally sporadic and happens even when I have not played any music on my phone...any other ideas or suggestions?

apastrophe

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Have you installed PlayerPro or any specific music player that builds its widget on lockscreen? Because a previous version of PlayerPro had this issue.
I have tried changing lockscreens but no change...it is totally sporadic and happens even when I have not played any music on my phone...any other ideas or suggestions?

BataHTC

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Hello everyone.
I have a problem with my keyboard. We tend to do that when you type a message my keyboard flashing. What to do? Thank you all

jcr2112

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Have you installed PlayerPro or any specific music player that builds its widget on lockscreen? Because a previous version of PlayerPro had this issue.

No...I don't use player pro...I use tune in radio pro, 8tracks, and songza...also slacker and pandoria but I never use those two...and it happens randomly even when I haven't used any music player

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

apastrophe

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

I don't get a clue actually aabout your problem. Can you kindly post a screenshot?
No...I don't use player pro...I use tune in radio pro, 8tracks, and songza...also slacker and pandoria but I never use those two...and it happens randomly even when I haven't used any music player

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

With 4.3 now, I tried to split the notification and ringtone volumes with the next checkbox. However, it seems that for some reason, once in a while the notification volume gets jacked up to the max even though I haven't changed it?

The only thing I can think of is raising the bluetooth volume on my phone affects the ringtones too?

Is anyone elase having this problem?

freakshow999

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

With 4.3 now, I tried to split the notification and ringtone volumes with the next checkbox. However, it seems that for some reason, once in a while the notification volume gets jacked up to the max even though I haven't changed it?

The only thing I can think of is raising the bluetooth volume on my phone affects the ringtones too?

Is anyone elase having this problem?

I do believe you are correct in your assumption regarding Bluetooth. I do believe this happens in my car when I'm connected via Bluetooth when I raise the music volume the notification volumes also get raised by default. I think you can go back into volumes/sound while in Bluetooth and set the separate volumes again but I haven't tried it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4