HTC ONE and DSLRController

Erik Pendleton

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone manage to make the HTC One working with DSLR Controller?

DSLR Controller :: Home

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=eu.chainfire.dslrcontroller&token=JG0AoXLb

There is someone at XDA that says it's unable to make it work. I guess it's the only thing holding me back of buying the HTC One, as i live from photos and video also on SLR's...

I haven't tried it but play says it is compatible with the phone, which is a good first step. I won't pay $8 to test it though,

bosslugger

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Does this app save the photo to your phone? If not, I fail to understand its purpose. Why would I want to use my phone to control my dSLR when I'm tethered by a cord only a few feet away?
If it does save to your phone, can it save the RAW + JPEG, or just the JPEG?

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
well there are lots of usefull functions.

Some of them: Bulb, Timelapse, Wi-Fi Passthrough, and for video recording is really usefull. The screen is bigger so it allows you to see if the image is on focus or not much more easily. On the LCD of the camera, lots of times you may think it's in focus, but then when watching on TV you will see that's terrible out of focus. There's lots of more advanced features...

It can save, both jpeg on camera and phone or just jpeg on phone, but raw on camera...

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone manage to make the HTC One working with DSLR Controller?

DSLR Controller :: Home

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=eu.chainfire.dslrcontroller&token=-SaIJXvk

There is someone at XDA that says it's unable to make it work. I guess it's the only thing holding me back of buying the HTC One, as i live from photos and video also on SLR's...

If this doesn't work you could try Helicon Remote (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.HeliconSoft.HeliconRemote2&token=RWnBDwmo). I've been using this one on my Nexus 7 for a while to control my Canon DSLR and love it!

HybridUK

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I've just tried DSLR Controller on my HTC one (M7) and cannot get it to work using an OTG. I know the OTG works as it mounts USB sticks ok, but as soon as I plug the camera in it displays a 'Not supported' message.

Hopefully someone, somewhere will know a way of getting the two to talk.

Chris NZ

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I currently use DSLR Controller with my Galaxy Nexus but will be picking up an HTC One tomorrow. DSLR Controller will be one of the first things I'm going to try and get working, though from what I've read so far it sounds like we'll either need a fix from HTC or use a custom ROM. Given that the HTC One X and X+ work (according to DSLR Controller :: Devices), I do hold out some hope.

In the meantime HybridUK perhaps you can try running this, it should narrow down the source of the problem: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nfire.usbhostdiagnostics&hl=en&token=4DbAV9Zd

Chris NZ

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

That's definitely the best thread to watch for progress. Here is one person's experience with the HTC One: xda-developers - View Single Post - [Android 2.3.1/3.x/4.x][25.04.2013] DSLR Controller v0.98.0 BETA [USB HOST REQUIRED]
Here's the report from when he ran USB Host Diagnostics (which looks like it should work): USB Host Diagnostics
Here's Chainfire's followup to the above: xda-developers - View Single Post - [Android 2.3.1/3.x/4.x][25.04.2013] DSLR Controller v0.98.0 BETA [USB HOST REQUIRED]

Note there is also an update to the European HTC One being pushed out this week. The changelog isn't very detailed but perhaps there is a fix included.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It was the same story with the EVO LTE, then HTC pushed an update that fixed it. Maybe the same thing will happen for the One.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc