HTC ONE - Edit Lock Screen Short Cuts?

pjeverly

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got my HTC ONE. Love it, but I hate the HTC browser that seems married to the lock screen. Can I swap it out for Chrome like I could on my ONE X? I can't seem to figure it out. The app association menu in settings is different. Short version, can you edit the lock screen short cuts? Any help is appreciated.

jaytv

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Your lock screen shortcuts are always the same as what's on your launcher bar. You can edit the launcher bar while in the app drawer, but nowhere else. Kinda a strange Sense choice HTC made.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Your lock screen shortcuts are always the same as what's on your launcher bar. You can edit the launcher bar while in the app drawer, but nowhere else. Kinda a strange Sense choice HTC made.

Just got my HTC One yesterday and glad to see I could easily find answer to that question.

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Guys I have a lockscreen problem as well. I have nova launched and yesterday I went to settings lockscreen and tried to lockscreens out and didnt like them so I went to the wallpaper original one but I seem to of loss my drag to unlock feature. I want to go back to where I would have to drag the app to middle but now I just tap the screen and it goes into the app. Does anyone have a solution?

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If I understand the question, go into Settings, then Personalize,then under "Lock screen style", scroll to any of the lock screens OTHER THAN the one farthest to the right which is labeled "No lock screen", and press the "Apply" button. You should get back your drag to unlock. (Assuming I understood your question/issue.)

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
If I understand the question, go into Settings, then Personalize,then under "Lock screen style", scroll to any of the lock screens OTHER THAN the one farthest to the right which is labeled "No lock screen", and press the "Apply" button. You should get back your drag to unlock. (Assuming I understood your question/issue.)

yes you understand my question however I did what you just said and still I dont have slide to unlock. When I'm in lockscreen I just tape anywhere on the screen and it just goes into my homepage for some reason. I have nova launcher installed but I dont think thats what causing it and its annoying me right now.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have nova launcher installed but I dont think thats what causing it and its annoying me right now.

Do you know for sure it has nothing to do with Nova launcher? I don't use a third party launcher, so I am not able to test that for you. I can only say that in the stock set-up what I described is how it works. So, if your phone is acting odd, one of the first things I suggest you do is think about all of the "extras" you have installed that have any interaction with the home screens/lock screens/launcher side of things. One of these extras may be causing the problem. Perhaps someone else who uses Nova can comment on this and confirm that Nova gets along with Sense 5's lock screens.

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you know for sure it has nothing to do with Nova launcher? I don't use a third party launcher, so I am not able to test that for you. I can only say that in the stock set-up what I described is how it works. So, if your phone is acting odd, one of the first things I suggest you do is think about all of the "extras" you have installed that have any interaction with the home screens/lock screens/launcher side of things. One of these extras may be causing the problem. Perhaps someone else who uses Nova can comment on this and confirm that Nova gets along with Sense 5's lock screens.

I figured it out lol. I just got my one last week so I been downloading a ton of apps and I just found out that its this app called missed it. It seem to not work with my phone for some reason and had this bug as well. Thanks though !

Although now I have my stock icons in my lockscreen for some reason. I thought htc made the home and lock dock icons same.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out lol. I just got my one last week so I been downloading a ton of apps and I just found out that its this app called missed it. It seem to not work with my phone for some reason and had this bug as well. Thanks though !

Although now I have my stock icons in my lockscreen for some reason. I thought htc made the home and lock dock icons same.

It's actually not Missed It that is causing this issue. If you enable any app in Accessiblity (TalkBack, Missed It!, Lightflow, etc.) for some reason it removes the "swipe" to unlock feature on the lock screen and you can just tap anywhere on the screen to unlock. Not sure why that is, but I've seen it reported by numerous people and I have the same issue when I had Lightflow enabled.

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
It's actually not Missed It that is causing this issue. If you enable any app in Accessiblity (TalkBack, Missed It!, Lightflow, etc.) for some reason it removes the "swipe" to unlock feature on the lock screen and you can just tap anywhere on the screen to unlock. Not sure why that is, but I've seen it reported by numerous people and I have the same issue when I had Lightflow enabled.

Whats the fix around it?

Donna McCoy

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd be interested in the fix around this also. I seem to have lost my 'swipe to unlock' option also. It works sometimes, then not sometimes. I thought it was GO SMS causing it, so I uninstalled that, but everything was working as it should up till 2 days ago. I cant figure it out.

yeeticus

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I was having this problem and I was using the dodol launcher. After trying several times I realized you can only change the lock screen app short cuts when you have blinkfeed as your default launcher. so to fix...
1) set blinkfeed as launcher
2) edit launcher bar apps
3) set launcher back to your prefered one
4) give yourself a pat on the back for fixing it!