Home button shorting out?

nrguser

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Randomly while using my new HTC One the home button will cease to function. Hitting the power button fixes it however it's becoming quite annoying.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Sprint HTC if that matter.

steve31

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Same here also. Both the home and back buttons become unresponsive. I think that it's a software issue.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, Ive sometimes felt as if i didnt respond to my touch but upon trying again it would work, Its as if it stopped responding for a second or two! In saying that, I actually just thought that maybe the buttons had to be touched very specifically as they are small-ish so i was putting it down to me possibly not touching the right area (if you understand me ha)

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. Thought it was me. I don't have to hit the PWR button to get it to work again, just seems like I don't hit it right or it doesn't respond sometimes.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. Thought it was me. I don't have to hit the PWR button to get it to work again, just seems like I don't hit it right or it doesn't respond sometimes.

Thats exactly how i felt, as if i wasnt hitting it right!! Its not really affecting its use to be honest though

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm lucky not to be affected by it.
No problems here.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

primal5

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Whoops just posted this question the noticed this thread sorry!

I'm having the same issues lets hope there's a fix coming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced this yet. Had my phone since Thursday the 18th on AT&T.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here but I noticed, at least with me, it's been when I hit the camera app which is above my home button.
I was going to take it back but then, at night when it was a bit darker, the light was off and after a few secs came back on.
I'm thinking its some kind of fail safe and not a defect now. Maybe I'm wrong but it's so consistent that I can control it and know what to do when it happens and I'm ok with that. At least for now.