Can I Get a Push in the Right Direction?

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm the proud owner of a new HTC One and have unlocked the bootloader. I'd like to root, and I've done quite a bit of searching here and elsewhere on the subject. Can someone point me in the right direction for information on rooting the HTC One specifically?

Any advice and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm the proud owner of a new HTC One and have unlocked the bootloader. I'd like to root, and I've done quite a bit of searching here and elsewhere on the subject. Can someone point me in the right direction for information on rooting the HTC One specifically?

I found this by mistake while looking for something else--maybe it will help?

HTC, HTC One, Root, how to, user guide, user manual | The Full Signal

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't even get the newest version of HTC Sync Manager to see the phone. It keeps telling me the device isn't connected. Whenever I plug my phone in the drivers for Android Phone fail to install. Frustrating as hell.

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't even get the newest version of HTC Sync Manager to see the phone. It keeps telling me the device isn't connected. Whenever I plug my phone in the drivers for Android Phone fail to install. Frustrating as hell.

Make sure you have the right version. There are two I know of which apply to different HTC phones. I made that mistake yesterday. The one for the EVO 3D does not work for the HTC One for example.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Use the toolkit in this thread to flash a recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2183942

Once recover is flashed follow the steps here to flash root

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2182792

It's interesting that your computer is having a problem recognizing the phone. When I installed HTC sync it installed the necessary drivers and I haven't had a problem. Good luck with that part.

Also go to XDA for all you hacking needs.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87