Anyone Else's Come Pre Scratched

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got the new HTC One, but mine came pre-scretched. There are two fairly small, light scratches on the back. One is near the camera and one is above the strip on the back. Anyone else experience anything like this? I heard from one other person that they have a similar scratch.

Though im not sure if its worth the hassle of taking back. Thanks.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
No but my box, the round stickers on the side that keeps it sealed were removed and the SIM card was already in the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
l had a small scratch on the edge above the speaker. The ATT store employees had already played with it. Found a picture in the gallery.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
...and the SIM card was already in the phone.

Might be different on different carriers, but on my Sprint One, the SIM card was installed in mine inside the sealed box. I watched the girl @ BB peel the stickers off and open the box, but she never opened or added a SIM to it.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No scratches, but yea, the AT&T idiots who insert SIM cards can drop it or scratch it before repackaging it, so... Replace the phone while it's still under initial warranty.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

I watched some moron try desperately to even get the sim card tray open. She scared me so I did it myself. I'm sure she was the one who opened the phone when it was delivered to the store. By the way, the one I got was the only one in the store they had delivered.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

SPC_75

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine from Telstra Online (Australia) has a scratch above the Sim Slot on the edge of the screen, and the metal above the sim slot where the screen touches appears a little bowed and scratched. This is out of the sealed box. Torture, sitting there, haven't even turned it on because i'm getting it replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol