What Case Do You Have, Do You Like It? (Case Reviews)

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
There is a very long thread here that discusses all of the cases available.

In this thread lets just list the case we have, any info about it, if you like it or not, and a rating. This will make it easier for others to quickly be able to get opinions on the phone. Please, lets keep discussion questions on the other thread. I will link to all of the cases in this first post once people post their reviews. Thanks!

Case:
Thoughts:
Rating:

-----

Case Mate White
Grain Series HTC One M7 Flip Leather Cases - Black
HHI Mesh Plate Duo Shield Case for HTC One (M7) - Black/Red
HTC Double Dip Hard Shell case
HTC Flip Case
Incipio feather
Incipio DualPro (black)
Incipio Silicrylic Shine Gel/Shell Case
Otterbox Defender 1, 2, 3, 4
Platinum Series (PT Case)
Speck Candyshell Grip White/Black
Speck Gemshell

Last edited:

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I got a speck candyshell grip white/black. I like it a lot. Not too bulky but does add some bulk. It is protecting the phone great though. Cut outs are great and the power button is opened for the ir blaster. Fits well with the Ones design language and colors. Paired with my Zagg hd i feel like i have more than enough protection for my needs

9/10

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Case: Platinum Series (PT Case) from Best Buy
Thoughts: It is ok. It has a strange part that protrouds for the kickstand. The color is ok, not thrilled with it. Its very hard to get on or off. Its going back.
Rating: 4/10 - Its going back.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC Double Dip Hard Shell case. I really really like it. I definitely like it more than I thought I would. It adds great protection and also it has a very nice grip to it without adding a lot of bulk. Do I wish the top cap wasn't red? A little, but I must admit it gives the phone some character and I have had a lot of compliments so far. I used to only buy otterbox but got tired of the bulk. I am a big fan of cruzerlite but I wanted a little more grip. The front lips are raised enough to not scratch screen when face down and the speaker grills are not distorted at all. All ports are open including the power button. There is a cover on volume rocker but it makes it easier to use it IMO. I'm very pleased with the case. Also, if you get it at Sprint store, they have a year warranty on cases. They will exchange no questions asked as long as you have a receipt.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Case: Platinum Series (PT Case) from Best Buy
Thoughts: It is ok. It has a strange part that protrouds for the kickstand. The color is ok, not thrilled with it. Its very hard to get on or off. Its going back.
Rating: 4/10 - Its going back.

I've always really liked the Platinum Series cases. My wife has one on her iPhone 5 and I had one for my Galaxy Note and we both were very happy with them.

For those concerned with battery life, Mophie Juice Pack, coming soon:
mophie Juice Pack Charging Case for HTC One Mobile Phones 39742BBR - Best Buy One case&cp=4&lp=5

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Case Mate (white) $20
9/10
-slim profile
-open port
-soft touch inside protect the phone from scratch

overall good case...

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Defender in Glacier. It has all of the appropriate cutouts, and they are easy to work with. It has four parts, The holster-stand, the squishy silicone layer, the hard plastic layer, and the screen protector that snaps into the the hard plastic layer. It has cutouts for the speakers, proximity control, and the bottom cutout is extended up to leave the back and menu buttons uncovered. I like it, although it is heavy. It seems like it doubles the weight, but I know that is an exaggeration. Undoubtedly it will be good protection. HTC One case | Defender Series HTC One case | OtterBox

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
HTC Flip case. Chose it over the double dip. Paid more to get it at sprint vs amazon. Like it so far.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Bought the Otterbox Defender case this morning. I have since returned it. Didn't like how the screen protector had cut outs for the speakers that let all sorts of dust and what not under it. After being in my pocket for just a few mins it was annoying. The build quality was nice but the screen protector annoyed me. Oh well I will find something better.

commasplice

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The Speck Gemshell is clear, and I've liked it for the four days I've had it.

It shows off the phone and adds very little bulk.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Bought the Otterbox Defender case this morning. I have since returned it. Didn't like how the screen protector had cut outs for the speakers that let all sorts of dust and what not under it. After being in my pocket for just a few mins it was annoying. The build quality was nice but the screen protector annoyed me. Oh well I will find something better.

I have noticed this too as I bought the defender. The solution i cam up with was to pop off the screen protector and install a zagg shield. This works greadt for me and the new HD line from zagg really looks like i have nothing on it so the screen still looks amazing.

MiStro17

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Incipio DualPro (black) - I happen to really like this case - it offers 2 layers of protection, but is not as bulky as Otterbox cases. Highly recommend it!

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm using the otterbox defender and I love it. I need the added protection because of working construction and its great. Also ordered a speck clear gem case for when I go out to show it off

Sent from my brilliant HTC One

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Case: Otterbox Defender
Thoughts: It seems to be a good case. Easy to put on phone. Its a bit bulky, but that seems to lend it self to good protection. I do not like the screen protector that comes with it. The screen protector dulls the colors and it is a bit noisy when you press on it. Additionally, it is not very easy to slide on.
Rating: 8/10 (if the screen protector is removed)

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have since returned the double dip to sprint for the Speck Candy Shell in white. I saw it on someone else's phone and immediately had to have it. Offers good protection and the white with grey accents really match the phone beautifully.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad