Back button

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've read a few people are having problems where their home or back buttons have a delay or are sometimes unresponsive. I have experienced this a few times in the last two days with the back button, but it only happens when I am in an app that has the annoying 3 dot menu button on the bottom. If you are having the problem check and see if that is when it is happening to you.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

mge92

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
If you go into keyboard in settings and then go to htc keyboard then to advanced settings and calibrate the keyboard it will recognize how you put pressure on the device and will make the back and home button more accurate and responsive.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just tried that. Thank you. Will it make a difference that I use SwiftKey as my keyboard though?

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I think it has something to do with the calibration. It seems sometimes when I think I'm hitting the button I'm not hitting the right spot. It's like you have to be more exact with your touches. I think over time people will get more use to it and adjust accordingly.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Sterling147

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased my ONE today and am having the same problem with the back and home keys. I will try the calibration and hope that I learn to hit the right spot (practice makes perfect?). The fact that the keys are not lit (a known glitch) doesn't help either.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased my ONE today and am having the same problem with the back and home keys. I will try the calibration and hope that I learn to hit the right spot (practice makes perfect?). The fact that the keys are not lit (a known glitch) doesn't help either.

My keys are lit. But yeah the first day I had the phone I thought the back button was broke or something but after really playing around with it I found I just wasn't hitting the right spot. After a couple hours I had less issue and now I hit the right spot almost all the time. Just was something to get use to.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Sterling147

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I noticed that my keys are sometimes lit, probably depending on the screen I'm on. I still have to figure that out. Also, my aim is getting better and it seems to be working better.

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the back buttons are unresponsive as much as is that the sweet spot is really tiny. If you hit it right in the center it works every time. But in real life, we just make a quick hit, usually not looking at it. When we miss, we think it is unresponsive.

I own a N4 and did a side by side test and the N4 back and home contact areas are at least 3x as large as that of the One. The One is much less forgiving of anything other than a direct hit. In addition to being smaller, it seems to be less sensitive as well.

sashee1

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your information this worked wonders for my htc one no longer has this problem cheers dude

all i did was go into settings, language keyboard, htc sence input, advanced, calibration tool press the highlited circles on keyboard until complete and you beauty working a lot better

sashee1

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried doing as others suggest by caliberating keyboard this worked for a little while but now problem is back .......i turned off power saving mode and bingo working fantastic has anyone else tried this? it is very strange but worked for me

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
In regards to the home and back buttons not lit this isn't a glitch, they only light up when it's dark, if your in a well lit room they won't be on. Place your hand over the front sensors and they should light up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aesthetics1