Visual Voicemail / Google Voice integration into dialer

themoviefreak

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is re-post of something that is already resolved [i tried searching for it but could not find any threads specific to HTC One regarding this].

I'm trying to setup Google Voice as my voicemail service on my HTC One [AT&T]. I run into this error while trying to switch the 'Voicemail service' in the dialer settings.
"Failed to retrieve and save current forwarding number settings. Do you want to switch to the new provider anyway?"

Choosing yes throws up yet another error message:
"Forwarding number change unsuccessful. Please contact your carrier if this problem persists"

I could finally get the voicemail forwarded to GV [had to re-activate the service for my number in the GV settings on their website and dial the number provided].

Now, i was wondering if there is way to integrate Google voice as a visual voicemail service into the dialer app [like on the nexus phones]. Has anyone set this up yet?

I've seen people on other phone threads mentioning some 3rd party apps but I would prefer GV integration into the dialer.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this is re-post of something that is already resolved [i tried searching for it but could not find any threads specific to HTC One regarding this].

I'm trying to setup Google Voice as my voicemail service on my HTC One [AT&T]. I run into this error while trying to switch the 'Voicemail service' in the dialer settings.
"Failed to retrieve and save current forwarding number settings. Do you want to switch to the new provider anyway?"

Choosing yes throws up yet another error message:
"Forwarding number change unsuccessful. Please contact your carrier if this problem persists"

I could finally get the voicemail forwarded to GV [had to re-activate the service for my number in the GV settings on their website and dial the number provided].

Now, i was wondering if there is way to integrate Google voice as a visual voicemail service into the dialer app [like on the nexus phones]. Has anyone set this up yet?

I've seen people on other phone threads mentioning some 3rd party apps but I would prefer GV integration into the dialer.

This is an app in Google Play for AT&T for what I believe you are looking for. Give it a try and see if that works. Let me know how you make out.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...roid.vvm&feature=search_result&token=pWkr0ytC

themoviefreak

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
This is an app in Google Play for AT&T for what I believe you are looking for. Give it a try and see if that works. Let me know how you make out.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...roid.vvm&feature=search_result&token=p4q5Ufu4

Thanks for the link. I believe the AT&T visual voicemail app [and similarly their 'Messages' app] do not work with Google Voice.

I was looking to see if there's a way to integrate visual voicemail using google voice directly into the dialer [like in the nexus phones]. Guess there isn't :(

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is a way to integrate Google voice into the dialer not even on Nexus phones. I have a Nexus 4 and it's not integrated into the dialer but does show up in the notification area when you have a voicemail.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about your device but I use "Voice Choice" to automatically switch to Google Voice depending on the Contact--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.voiceplusfree&token=G8CcKJeE

As for Google Voicemail integrating into the dialer, again I'm not sure for your device but I use the setting within Google Voice App itself to display it in the Call Log:
Settings--> Voicemail Display

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae