Developer Edition vs ATT Version

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I bought my 32 GB from ATT and its amazing. BUT, I paid full price so I am thinking that I should just get the 64gb version since its only 50 bucks more. BUT, if Im going to do that, I might as well get the unlocked 64 GB developers edition and enjoy the quicker updates with zero bloat.

No right or wrong answer here, just debating it in my head, thought I would solicit some opinions.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
AT&T's is still unlockable I believe, so the DE and 64gb version are even there. The only real difference will be OS updates and the subtle AT&T logo. Personally, for my first Android phone, I went with the DE for the OS updates.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I went with the ATT model versus the unlocked version mainly because so didn't want to deal with Let's Talk. Which was a good call because I had an issue with my first ONE and a simple swap at Best Buy is all I had to do. It would of been worse trying to exchange through those guys online.

I don't regret the choice. It's the same phone and whether updates will come slower, who knows. I have an ATT Nokia Lumia 920 and it gets updates way before other versions, including the unlocked versions. So who knows how HTC will prioritize their support.

Sent from my HTC One

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the ATT version and mine is bootloader unlocked, rooted and on a custom rom so basically the only difference now is that I have the small ATT logo on the back that seems like it will rub off in time (or with a little alcohol) and I get to exchange mine in store if there's a problem as well as put it on my insurance through ATT.

After all the hassle with letstalk I just cancelled my order. I didn't really need 64gb anyway as I have all my music and like 4 full length movies as well as all my apps on my 32gb now and still have about 11 gb of storage left. I never actually watch movies on my phone anyway so the only difference with a 64gb is that I woulda put another 20 movies on it that I'd never watch. That's what my tablets are for and even then I don't watch movies on those as often as I 'd like.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have the ATT version and mine is bootloader unlocked, rooted and on a custom rom so basically the only difference now is that I have the small ATT logo on the back that seems like it will rub off in time (or with a little alcohol) and I get to exchange mine in store if there's a problem as well as put it on my insurance through ATT.

After all the hassle with letstalk I just cancelled my order. I didn't really need 64gb anyway as I have all my music and like 4 full length movies as well as all my apps on my 32gb now and still have about 11 gb of storage left. I never actually watch movies on my phone anyway so the only difference with a 64gb is that I woulda put another 20 movies on it that I'd never watch. That's what my tablets are for and even then I don't watch movies on those as often as I 'd like.

I agree on the 64 GB being too big. I am selling my 64gb Iphone and it has tons of space left over. Also, like you, I got a tablet for watching movies. I used to use my phone for everything. But for only 50 bucks more, the 64 gb will get better resale and its always better to have an not need then to not have and want.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought my 32 GB from ATT and its amazing. BUT, I paid full price so I am thinking that I should just get the 64gb version since its only 50 bucks more. BUT, if Im going to do that, I might as well get the unlocked 64 GB developers edition and enjoy the quicker updates with zero bloat.

No right or wrong answer here, just debating it in my head, thought I would solicit some opinions.

I was thinking that nobody would buy the 32gb at full price when the 64gb is just $50 more. I was wrong.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking that nobody would buy the 32gb at full price when the 64gb is just $50 more. I was wrong.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I would have probably still bought the 64gb instead of the 32gb at ATT if they had them in stock even though 32 is fine for me. Mainly just for the resale value.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

Insurance is tje reason I'm going to get mine through AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar