Should I root my father's One?

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about creating a new thread, but I didn't know if there was another place to ask this question.

I purchased an Unlocked 32GB One for my dad, which he will take back with him to India. The phone is Unlocked, so he probably won't have a problem using it with the Indian carriers, but is there any advantage in rooting my father's phone?

He doesn't tinker with his current S3 much, except for install a few apps. So, any tweaks that I install on the One before he leaves back to India, will be the only tweaks he will ever use.

I understand that Rooting the phone would give me more options/tweaks/apps to install on his phone, but I'm worried that if something goes wrong, he might not be able to fix it by himself. Also, he won't be able to easily update his phone if HTC does ever deliver an update?

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Leave it alone. If it's not for you rooting it and custom roms won't really be of any use to him. It's a great phone as is. And we can only hope that htc will get the updates right this time around.

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks bigtnew... That's what I was inclined to do too, because if he gets into any trouble with phone after I root it, he'll be unable to fix it on his own.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The answer to that is always no. It's so much more trouble then it's worth and when something goes wrong you have to fix it and you are the one that has to update the software.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes