- 263 Posts
Should I root my father's One?
Sorry about creating a new thread, but I didn't know if there was another place to ask this question.
I purchased an Unlocked 32GB One for my dad, which he will take back with him to India. The phone is Unlocked, so he probably won't have a problem using it with the Indian carriers, but is there any advantage in rooting my father's phone?
He doesn't tinker with his current S3 much, except for install a few apps. So, any tweaks that I install on the One before he leaves back to India, will be the only tweaks he will ever use.
I understand that Rooting the phone would give me more options/tweaks/apps to install on his phone, but I'm worried that if something goes wrong, he might not be able to fix it by himself. Also, he won't be able to easily update his phone if HTC does ever deliver an update?
- 04-22-2013, 01:40 PM #2
- 04-22-2013, 02:02 PM #4
Re: Should I root my father's One?
The answer to that is always no. It's so much more trouble then it's worth and when something goes wrong you have to fix it and you are the one that has to update the software.
Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
- By lespaul in forum HTC One X Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:00 AM
- By Longhorn22 in forum Inspire Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 07-01-2011, 03:21 PM
- By fbomb721 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 17Last Post: 01-19-2011, 08:49 PM
- By Hyphnx in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 06-23-2010, 09:42 PM
- By solo1 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 06-10-2010, 12:51 AM