Change icon color from white in notification bar?

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to change the icon colors in the notification bar on the One? I can't find it anywhere and my background is very light at the top so the white doesn't show up very well.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to change the icon colors in the notification bar on the One? I can't find it anywhere and my background is very light at the top so the white doesn't show up very well.

I too would like to be able to change the color of the notification bar. As you can see from my background it is very difficult to see the text. Sadly, I have a feeling I may have to alter the background to have a black bar at the top.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-26-15-33-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-26-15-33-46.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 141

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you have to be rooted and alter system files to do this properly. All the apps in the play store are janky as hell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So I just opened the original picture being used as my background on my computer and put a solid black line at the top. It isn't the best method of making the notification bar reader friendly, but it works.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367361438970.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367361438970.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 628

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I actually thought the bar was always black? I use magic locker for my lock screen and anytime i unlock the screen the notification bar is black but once the home button is pressed its transparent and will stay that way until the screen is unlocked again, I actually thought the only reason it was transparent was because of magic locker ha

CJGALAXYS3

May 17, 2013
Visit site
There is a GREAT app for this in Playstore , it is free for 14 days as a trial but its only a buck! Status Bar+ , you can customize the look and color of your status bar , no need for root!! It really looks great!!:)

donnyhat55

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps I am missing something, I got the app Status Bar + and went in and changed all my icon colors and the status bar back ground color and nothing happened, I even did a restart and nothing, is there supposed to be an "APPLY" Button or something? I did pay the $1.99 and got the full version,.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps I am missing something, I got the app Status Bar + and went in and changed all my icon colors and the status bar back ground color and nothing happened, I even did a restart and nothing, is there supposed to be an "APPLY" Button or something? I did pay the $1.99 and got the full version,.

Has it been updated to work with kit Kat?

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

alliejay

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Is there a reason why the color of it would go all of a sudden from black to transparent? I'm talking about on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge