HTC One USB Storage: Not possible?

LTrane

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
HELP! I purchased Sprint HTC One yesterday and traded in my EVO 3D on the spot so can't transfer photos, music, etc from old phone via the ONLY method/option made public. I have the SD card from the 3D but can't figure out how to transfer those files from the folder on my iMac to the HTC One. Stayed up all night trying to figure out how to transfer stuff from the SD card which i moved to a desktop folder but can't figure out how to get THAT on to the HTC One.

Tried using HTC Sync App but when I connect USB cable, iMac doesn't recognize it as a drive and USB Debugging always activates no matter how many times turn it off. Can't figure out how to turn on USB storage. I can assign folder paths to the HTC Sych but no option on how to move that to the HTC One.

What am I missing...other than sleep?!

Thanks

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
HELP! I purchased Sprint HTC One yesterday and traded in my EVO 3D on the spot so can't transfer photos, music, etc from old phone via the ONLY method/option made public. I have the SD card from the 3D but can't figure out how to transfer those files from the folder on my iMac to the HTC One. Stayed up all night trying to figure out how to transfer stuff from the SD card which i moved to a desktop folder but can't figure out how to get THAT on to the HTC One.

Tried using HTC Sync App but when I connect USB cable, iMac doesn't recognize it as a drive and USB Debugging always activates no matter how many times turn it off. Can't figure out how to turn on USB storage. I can assign folder paths to the HTC Sych but no option on how to move that to the HTC One.

Thanks

I wonder if there is something software side that you have to get from HTC to mount it as removable storage. Or maybe you have to manually mount it ( Hope note). I'm using it with a windows 7 machine and can plug it in and drag stuff over no problem.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

I used a micro USB to USB adapter and a USB card reader. Mounted to my ONE with no problem. Then used ES File explorer to transfer files needed. The links are below for the ones I used.

Micro USB to USB adapter
Amazon.com: USB 2.0 Female to Micro USB Male OTG On-The-Go Cable Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories

SD card reader
Dynex USB 2.0 2in1 Memory Card Reader DX-CR112 - Best Buy

LTrane

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it at work using Windows XP (yeah, we're still rocking XP over here!) and still no option for removable storage. Can't figure out why USB debugging keeps activating each time. Wonder if I got a lemon?

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I just tried it at work using Windows XP (yeah, we're still rocking XP over here!) and still no option for removable storage. Can't figure out why USB debugging keeps activating each time. Wonder if I got a lemon?

You need MTP support on your Mac. Otherwise you could transfer over Bluetooth or a Wifi connection or use an online service like Dropbox.

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
HTC Sync Manager works fine with the One and my MBP, but only after I used the original cable. An aftermarket cable did not work and I thought that I may have made a mistake switching, but all is well now.

LTrane

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I did finally figure out that the cable might have been part of the issue but even after using the one it came with, connection to HTC Sync Manager is sporadic at best and wont hold the connection once its made. My One and I are finally, well, "one" and here is the only solution that works for me and my iMac Android.com

Thanks for the assistance, ALL!

jeff4d

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I had an EVO 3D (GREAT Phone!) then went to HTC One a few days ago. I have been mounting phone USB drive to my XP machine in the past and directly editing files. I do this for portability. The HTC ONE however made me install HTC driver software on my work PC and won't let me directly edit the files with Microsoft office. When I open my files on the phone, it starts working from temporary space on the PC and won't save or update back to HTC. Then I have residual files on the PC and must drag and drop back to the phone and delete temp files. I just want to mount it a standard USB drive with a drive letter and be able to edit files directly to that path. Any help?

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this will help, but the advice is free, so here goes:

I use iSyncr on my PC, which is a W8 box. When I upgraded to the One, everything went smoothly. However, since I also bought a One for my wife, I tried to get iSyncr to work on her computer, which is an XP box; no luck. Chris, from JRT Software (maker of iSyncr), told me that (1) the problem was indeed the MTP that is mentioned above, and (2) that it needed to have Windows Media Player 11 installed, as this would allow it to connect. As soon as I downloaded WMP 11 and installed it, poof, my wife's One connected to iSyncr and took off.

I know you are not asking about music syncing, but it sounds very much like the same issue, dealing with an XP box and MTP issues. Good luck; hope this helps!

kirk123456

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem as you. When I plugged my one into my computer running windows 7 it said my device was write only. My old phone was also the 3d. So hers what you do. Delete HTC sync off of your computer uninstall it completely. Then go to HTC website find your phone click support and download sync for HTC one. It's completely different that the sync for the evo3d. That will put the right drivers on your computer. Then transfer songs through windows media. Or copy you old sd to a folder the best way is just to use an android tabletor phon and use the transfer tool. It took me 20min to transfer 9gb of data but be carfull it transfers everything. Cool luck.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
As has been pointed out, twice, AirDroid is your friend! Other than that, Android File Transfer Android.com will work via USB, BUT if you can't get it to work, try uninstalling HTC connection manager and any other connection managing software first and then trying it.

For most times though, AirDroid is just perfect, quick, free and easy....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000