What do you want included/changed in the first update?

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
What do you want include or changed in the first update?
I've had the one for a few days now and I'm overall very happy but here's some things I wish HTC would change/ revert back to.

1. Notification settings
2. Expanded notification. I wish it could be turned on by default or at least change the way to expand it. A horizontal pinch was just the wrong way to implement it.
3. Hopefully they'll re-add the back button long press for menu

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
All those you listed and a few more:
1. Battery percentage next to the icon
2. Remove power saving mode from the notification bar
3. How the back and home button work from the app drawer
4. More sources in blinkfeed.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Agree with all above, especially the stuff regarding that bloody power saving mode thing.

Also, any word on when the first update is?

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see someone started this thread. I hope after everyone that has bought and are waiting to get a new HTC One will post these type of things here. it not only helps HTC that pays attn. to this Forum but hepls others also. Thank you.

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Agree with all above, especially the stuff regarding that bloody power saving mode thing.

Also, any word on when the first update is?

I've heard from an HTC rep that 4.2 is finished and approved but there wasn't enough time to get it on by release date. He also said they usually require a phone to be out 30 days before an update so hopefully by the end of May!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've heard from an HTC rep that 4.2 is finished and approved but there wasn't enough time to get it on by release date. He also said they usually require a phone to be out 30 days before an update so hopefully by the end of May!

Fantastic! Thanks.

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Make blink feed optional. My wife wants it to die a fiery death. If it were a bit more customizable (BYO feeds, sources, calendar, etc) it would help her like it more. She wants to customize HER way, Dammit! ditto first two posts. If these things are addressed by the time I can upgrade, I will go with the One.

kassdog

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
To remove power saving in notification long press on power saver and click info. Force close. Then it's gone till it turns on.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Idealy, toggles in the notification bar like wifi etc, Battery percentage, Option to have remove the dock (i hate the black dock and would rather a transparent background) More themes for the messaging app would be nice to or the ability to change speech bubbles individually and maybe an option to add your own background in the app drawer, Not that these are software issues but theres no apps that allow these features without installing a different launcher

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If they added in notification toggles it would remove any desire I have to root this phone. I think the power saver and notification toggles are kinda one request, because if they implement notification toggles, they can just have one for power saver, which would be much less obnoxious. More/custom sources for BlinkFeed would be nice, but really, the toggles are all I want.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Make blink feed optional. My wife wants it to die a fiery death. If it were a bit more customizable (BYO feeds, sources, calendar, etc) it would help her like it more. She wants to customize HER way, Dammit! ditto first two posts. If these things are addressed by the time I can upgrade, I will go with the One.

Easily fixed with a launcher like Nova, Action Launcher or any of the others. Completely removes it and gives you a lot more flexibility. Sense 5 + Nova is a fantastic combination.

stainlineho

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Yep, I want to turn blink feed off too.

I also want to be able to customize the notifications screen...that one is bugging me big time.

Easily fixed with a launcher like Nova, Action Launcher or any of the others. Completely removes it and gives you a lot more flexibility. Sense 5 + Nova is a fantastic combination.

Is that an app? Or do I have to root my phone or something for that?

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

OK, I carry a Photon, and have had ADW on for so long that I don't remember what the stock MotoBlur launcher was like. I have mentioned a new launcher to my wife, and she is concerned about underlying Sense functionality. with Nova on top, all underlying Sense is intact, correct? Also, what in your opinion makes Nova the best aftermarket launcher?

RussST24

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If they added in notification toggles it would remove any desire I have to root this phone. I think the power saver and notification toggles are kinda one request, because if they implement notification toggles, they can just have one for power saver, which would be much less obnoxious. More/custom sources for BlinkFeed would be nice, but really, the toggles are all I want.

Hi
Just install widgetsoid and you can have your notification toggles back.

Russ.

babasyvy.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey