Button issue on the HTC one.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So we all know that this is an actual thing and everyone I've seen who has this issue is on hw revision 0004. That's what I'm on and I have that issue! It's almost like the "buttons" are too small and sometimes they wont work until you turn the screen off then back on. If you have this issue please post your hw revision # here!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So we all know that this is an actual thing and everyone I've seen who has this issue is on hw revision 0004. That's what I'm on and I have that issue! It's almost like the "buttons" are too small and sometimes they wont work until you turn the screen off then back on. If you have this issue please post your hw revision # here!

Where can you find that? Mine work fine.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The one I have at work is revision 0004 and forum trawling over at xda.

He meant where can you find the hardware revision number of the phone. Like somewhere in the settings or on the actual box of the device?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
He meant where can you find the hardware revision number of the phone. Like somewhere in the settings or on the actual box of the device?

This.

Regardless, the only issues I have with the buttons are missing them b/c I'm used to the Nexus' softkeys.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You have to hit them with the fatty part of your thumb. If you try and hit them with just your fingertip, it doesn't always work. (the droid DNA on Verizon was exactly the same way)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You have to hit them with the fatty part of your thumb. If you try and hit them with just your fingertip, it doesn't always work. (the droid DNA on Verizon was exactly the same way)

Good thing my fingers are both fat and calloused lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ha. Me too. On the DNA I was getting frustrated, and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.

I won't even tell you how many times I've tapped the bloody "HTC" thing thinking it was the home softkey.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have revision 004 and am having no problems with the buttons. At first i had a screen protector on that came with the phone and that made them very hard to use, but as soon as i took it off they worked fine. I think the buttons are a little less sensitive then my Evo 3D and i may miss them a few times but i cant recall any time where i was looking at the home button, pressed it, and nothing happened

- - - Updated - - -

Software updates?!

Nope in settings>about its the top that says hadware version

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Very confused here...

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366664456102.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366664456102.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 12