HTC One and Spotify over Bluetooth

Dgree03

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to test spotify over a car bluetooth? I am having this issue where I cannot change tracks with my steering wheel controls? It will let me change the first track, but any track after that.. nope doesn't work. I think have to pick up my phone and change it from the lockscreen?

I do not know if the is a spotify issue or an HTC/Android Issue...

PS This is an incredible device!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to test spotify over a car bluetooth? I am having this issue where I cannot change tracks with my steering wheel controls? It will let me change the first track, but any track after that.. nope doesn't work. I think have to pick up my phone and change it from the lockscreen?

Same deal. Was unable to change tracks with Sync and my Mustang's steering wheel controls.

Dgree03

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Same deal. Was unable to change tracks with Sync and my Mustang's steering wheel controls.

Hmm that is one other person! I wonder where the problem lies? It is really annoying, my Nexus 4 was seamless...

My problem is with a BMW and iDrive

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that is one other person! I wonder where the problem lies? It is really annoying, my Nexus 4 was seamless...

My problem is with a BMW and iDrive

Same with my Nexus. Have you tried Google Play Music? Any luck?

My suspicions (without testing):

(1) Bluetooth version/software
(2) Spotify
(3) Cars need updating

raphymartinez

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I am not able to stream spotify or anything other than songs that are saved on the phone and using the stock music player. Sometimes it'll stream about 3 seconds of Spotify and then stop but that's about it. (neither iHeart radio or Youtube work either) Phone calls work just fine and it even works to display my text messages on the nav screen.
My Nexus 4 and galaxy S3 work 100% in my car (The Nexus does not display the text messages but streams just fine)
*2013 MB C250*

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am not able to stream spotify or anything other than songs that are saved on the phone and using the stock music player. Sometimes it'll stream about 3 seconds of Spotify and then stop but that's about it. (neither iHeart radio or Youtube work either) Phone calls work just fine and it even works to display my text messages on the nav screen.
My Nexus 4 and galaxy S3 work 100% in my car (The Nexus does not display the text messages but streams just fine)
*2013 MB C250*

Interesting. Mine streams, I just can't select the track via the steering wheel.

VelfarreClubber

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having no issues streaming and changing tracks using both the steering wheel and radio in a 2012 Acura TL. Maybe it helps if you guys delete the old phones from your cars memory?

Dgree03

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I need to test with Pandora and Google Music... That could tell me a lot... Standby

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

mge92

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
My HTC One is having issues with my BMW. I cannot use the steering wheel controls or see meta tag data in Spotify. Although It does stream meta tag support for music on the device

Dgree03

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok I contacted spotify support... They told me to remove old phones from the cars Bluetooth menu...

I did that and now I can change tracks with spotify!

Still doesn't explain why other apps were working just fine with old phones in the car Bluetooth?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
In my 2010 Ford Focus with Sync, it sounds amazing, even with beats on! On the One X+ I always had beats off due to it being too much bass for my speakers.....As for changing tracks, I don't have an issue 99% of the time. If I do, I wake up the phone, unlock and then try.....Also turn on spotify and then shut it off and vice versa if acts up, seems to work.

ljx718

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
how the quality through bluetooth for you guys? i have a 09 acura tsx and quality is horrible. sound pops constantly. previous iphones and Samsung g3 worked100% fine.

Dgree03

May 24, 2010
Visit site
how the quality through bluetooth for you guys? i have a 09 acura tsx and quality is horrible. sound pops constantly. previous iphones and Samsung g3 worked100% fine.

My sound quality is actually far far better than what came out of my Nexus 4 or GS3.