Has Samsung lost some of it's "power"?

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had countless Samsung phones before and this has been my first HTC phone in awhile. Anyone think the HTC one will slow down Samsung??

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
No. Samsung is a marketing behemoth and their fans can be as blind as Apple's.

Nothing will slow them down.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
When I went in to ATT on Thursday to pick up the One every employee I spoke with stated they couldn't wait to get their One and that the S4 felt cheap and very much like the S2. If the employees steer prospective buyers to HTC, it may very well be a good year for them. In contrast, when the One X+ came out 95% of them didn't even know it (same store).

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope u can't slow something down that's a good thing... All this HTC praise will end soon as s4 drops...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope u can't slow something down that's a good thing... All this HTC praise will end soon as s4 drops...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I doubt that. The One is an absolutely legit device. Considering how positive the consensus is, that won't change.

What will change is the shift in marketing.

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is good but they are way over hyped and way to many people Lost In Space on the Galaxy. I really would like to see them be more creative with their devices but looks like they are going to run the Galaxy Series into the ground. Folks will realize like most do that there are Always other options out there and I always tell my users to use what you like. So if you like Samsung that great but never be afraid to try other manufactures as well like HTC. Just my 2 cents. :)

Last edited:

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
When I went in to ATT on Thursday to pick up the One every employee I spoke with stated they couldn't wait to get their One and that the S4 felt cheap and very much like the S2. If the employees steer prospective buyers to HTC, it may very well be a good year for them. In contrast, when the One X+ came out 95% of them didn't even know it (same store).

What helps is HTC has a trade in program for us sellers that let us get a One for free!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how samsung users are just like apple users and are just as blind. I can never see how anyone has such an allegiance to any of these companies that don't want to do anything but take our money, track our data so they can take our money again. I can give a crap about HTC, Samsung, Google, Apple, etc.... I'm using any device whenever I like regardless of who makes it.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
their fans can be as blind as Apple's

Not all Samsung fans, let's not judge with a sweeping motion. If that's true, then the same could be said of fans of HTC, Sony, Porsche, BMW, New York, Captain Crunch, The Lakers, etc. etc. etc.

Most fans are blinded by their passion regardless of the situation. Some are not, and are fans of the game, not the team.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Not all Samsung fans, let's not judge with a sweeping motion. If that's true, then the same could be said of fans of HTC, Sony, Porsche, BMW, New York, Captain Crunch, The Lakers, etc. etc. etc.

Most fans are blinded by their passion regardless of the situation. Some are not, and are fans of the game, not the team.

Hence the words "can be," which implies potential/ability, instead of using "are." At least that's what I meant by using those words.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
By no means is The HTC One going to take down Samsung.. But honestly i do think it iwll be making a noticeable impact, even if its just a start. If HTC can pull out the stops next year if the One does well enough thats when there will be some significant loss if samsung doesnt change. Honestly the One will be a hit. I just went in to see my buddies at my old job and they all were excited about the S4 and i went and showed them the One because they were interested in it too and now i have like 5 people that i know that are going out to buy the One this week.

Moral of the story is, The One is very powerful and beautiful to look at! When i was out friday saturday night i couldnt tell you how many compliments i got from people telling me how cool my phone was and that they want one!

Moral number two, i should clearly be a sales person

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Like others have said before, Samsung is huge, can market like crazy, has great representation at places like BB etc. This S4 will be huge just like the S3 was. Probably moreso.

The one had a nice little head start and will do just fine, but it soon will probably be put out to pasture soon after S4 hits the streets and the next iphone hits the streets this summer (?)

The One is a decent enough phone, but odds are it will be quickly forgotten in this giant wave of upcoming phones.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Like others have said before, Samsung is huge, can market like crazy, has great representation at places like BB etc. This S4 will be huge just like the S3 was. Probably moreso.

The one had a nice little head start and will do just fine, but it soon will probably be put out to pasture soon after S4 hits the streets and the next iphone hits the streets this summer (?)

The One is a decent enough phone, but odds are it will be quickly forgotten in this giant wave of upcoming phones.

Which is shame, because it has nothing to do with the phone and everything to do with marketing.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
From some postings I've seen as of late, I get the feeling that HTC isn't as polished as say Samsung Galaxy brand phones or iPhones. Their QA seems a bit lax based on some folks complaints here about screens not fit right, speakers not being made right, easily scratched back covers etc. Plus isn't HTC as a company struggling quite a bit now as well?

I pretty much trust that Samsung and Apple have pretty much perfected the quality control of their phones somewhat better than HTC. Perhaps HTC was in such a rush to "be first" so they could snag as much $$ as they could, they let some poorly made units slip through to consumers?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

See, I don't think it will. There's something very different about the buzz and hype around the one, especially compared to the one X. Even though it won't take apple or Samsung down, I do think it will be the hit that htc needs right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2