Google Voice Not Working

pjeverly

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been addressed. Basically Google voice doesn't seem to work with my HTC ONE. Basically ATT doesn't seem to let you switch to Google voice for voice mails. It gives two error messages and goes back to ATT. I Deleted my Google voice account and re-activated it on my desktop to try to "kick start" things, but nothing. Any help is appreciated. Funny it seems so arcane to actually listen to voice messages after being a long time Google voice user.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You may have to manually put in your Google voice voicemail number in the call forwarding settings. Just keep trying, I always had trouble with At&t and setting up Google voice. I won't get my phone until tomorrow so I can't test it for now. I haven't had as much trouble on T-Mobile but, I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Google voice does work. You have to manually enter the settings. Once you do that then you are good to go. Then it will allow you to switch to Google voice in your voicemail settings.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
my settings still dont let me change to google voice but i reactivated it using googles instructions and it forwards the missed calls to my google voice number

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
my settings still dont let me change to google voice but i reactivated it using googles instructions and it forwards the missed calls to my google voice number

Yeah it will say carrier settings but as long as a person does the manual setting they will be fine.

pjeverly

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
When you say manually change the settings do you mean edit the voice mail call number? Essentially replace the Att number with the one google provides?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
You have to go into your Google voice account on the computer and click where it says "activate voicemail". Then it will give you a number to dial on your phone, once you do that every is set. In settings it will still say "carrier settings" but Google voice should work fine now.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When you say manually change the settings do you mean edit the voice mail call number? Essentially replace the Att number with the one google provides?

Exactly as the above stated. Activating it manually is essentially dialing a code that's a mixture of special characters and your Google voicemail number. You have to log in online and get the sequence from there for your account.

Robert Estrin

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 HTC One phones on AT&T, a 32GB and a 64GB. We use bluetooth headsets much of the time. We have exactly the same problem with both phones. Whenever the bluetooth device is turned on, voice search doesn't work on the phone. There is a setting for bluetooth in Google Voice, "Bluetooth headset: Records audio through Bluetooth headset if available." It doesn't matter how this is set. When pressing voice search or voice input for an email or text, the phones do not enable voice input. Turn off the bluetooth device, and everything works perfectly. I tried disabling programs one by one to see if there is a conflict anywhere, still no luck. I haven't found anyone else out there with this problem. I love everything else about these phones. I would really appreciate help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995