Audio problems with my One

anon(5922134)

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just got the One today, very impressed with the device so far but the audio is not that great.
When I play a music video on youtube, I get small popping sounds like distortion, it come and goes.
When I turn Beats off and I try to play the same video, the sound sounds clear.
Do you think I have a faulty device? anybody else experiencing audio problems.
Thanks.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just got the One today, very impressed with the device so far but the audio is not that great.
When I play a music video on youtube, I get small popping sounds like distortion, it come and goes.
Thanks.

I get the same so far only when using YouTube app. I think it's a software issue as audio works fine for other apps such as iheatradio and Sirius app.

That being said I would not worry where I'm sure there will be a fix. I have read other threads others having the same issue .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.

I'm getting it as well, but I'm wondering if it has to do with the videos not loading quite fast enough... I've found that I get the popping sound you mentioned, but it goes away if I pause for a few seconds before starting or if I go back 15 seconds or so.

anon(5922134)

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting it as well, but I'm wondering if it has to do with the videos not loading quite fast enough... I've found that I get the popping sound you mentioned, but it goes away if I pause for a few seconds before starting or if I go back 15 seconds or so.

That's what I thought too but I tested and it still happens. Turning Beats off eliminates the problem. Well atleast it's not a hardware issue.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Ive never had that issue when I had my one. It couod possibly be faulty but its probably the app. Try loading it through the browser or play music from a different source. Try to narrow it down on if its software or hardware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums