HTC One overheating!

samanbabah

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have been using my HTC One for about 4 days now, and I have noticed that it overheats! I wanted to know if anyone else got this issue. It basically starts to get really warm when I download something, or play games like "Where is My Water"
It's AT&T 32GB rooted

Seggzy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
it does get warm, but i dont believe it is an issue.

this happened also with my One X, but abou 3-4 months down the road it stopped getting warm.

maybe its the battery conditioning or an update that stopped it either way i bet it will be the same for the One

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have been using my HTC One for about 4 days now, and I have noticed that it overheats! I wanted to know if anyone else got this issue. It basically starts to get really warm when I download something, or play games like "Where is My Water"
It's AT&T 32GB rooted

"Gets really warm" doesn't mean "overheats". It means "gets really warm".

Until heat causes an unexpected event, like an app failure, heart warning, reboot, hard shutdown, etc., I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
yes, phones get warm. Normal. The trouble here, is that heat, diminish a lot the battery life. Heat is the no. 1 factor of battery life degradation, and HTC One is non-removable and with an almost impossible way to replace the battery, so it's a little worrying.

poncewattle

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
yes, phones get warm. Normal. The trouble here, is that heat, diminish a lot the battery life. Heat is the no. 1 factor of battery life degradation, and HTC One is non-removable and with an almost impossible way to replace the battery, so it's a little worrying.

Yeah, I worry about that too. I had an Otter Box on my iPhone 5 and I could feel heat through that thick rubber so I stopped using the Otter Box. I figured the heat would be more of a risk to damage my phone than the rare chance of me dropping it.

I think metal transfers the heat away from the circuitry better than plastic too, which is really a good thing in that case that you are feeling some heat. Better you than the battery and circuitry.

Sprintguy1376

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I had an issue about this too, then someone pointed out the fact that the phone was made of aluminum, which conducts heat exceptionally well, so it feels warmer than a normal poly carbonate phone would. Though mine either stopped getting as warm as it used to, or I'm just used to it because it's a non-issue unless I'm playing a hardware intensive game like The Bards Tale.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
"Gets really warm" doesn't mean "overheats". It means "gets really warm".

Until heat causes an unexpected event, like an app failure, heart warning, reboot, hard shutdown, etc., I wouldn't worry about it.

Exactly. If your phone isn't shutting down and rebooting its nothing to worry about. I'm sure HTC designed the phone in such a way to allow heat to escape and not harm the battery. It will shut itself down and won't turn on if it gets too hot inside until it cools to prevent major lasting damage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine got a little warm a couple times, but I'm overall quite impressed with the temp. It's usually cold to the touch when I pick it up, even when charging. A pleasant, far cry, from my Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Heating not been a issue but I'm sure depending on what you are doing with the device it might get warm at times but common with any device when it gets used allot. Overall though no heating issues here so far runs great. :)

Sprintguy1376

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
It's not "overheating" - it gets warm when playing a graphically intensive game or watching some videos, which is pretty normal considering a powerful CPU and an aluminum body (which has better heat transfer properties than plastic). It will never get too hot (mine reaches up to 42C sometimes) and burn your skin, unless it's simply defective. In which case you should simply replace it.

Mine gets up to 42 C as well.. I wish it wasn't while I play Jurassic Park.. love that game.. might be worth scorching some skin cells over.

DanX47

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone go up over 120 Farenheit, first day I got it and used it for navigation, well it was pretty hot outside too so maybe the heat through the window caused it. I was worried.

Michael Martinez89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I had my HTC One plugged in charging and one of my pillows fell on top of it. I didn't notice for a while but when i went to pick it up it was VERY hot. I also had pandora playing. It wasn't hot enough to make it reset or turn off, but it was pretty hot. Not sure of the exact temp. though. Is there a way to check that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463