Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One overheating!

Hi I have been using my HTC One for about 4 days now, and I have noticed that it overheats! I wanted to know if anyone else got this issue. It basically starts to get really warm when I download something, or play games like "Where is My Water"
    It's AT&T 32GB rooted

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One overheating!

it does get warm, but i dont believe it is an issue.

this happened also with my One X, but abou 3-4 months down the road it stopped getting warm.

maybe its the battery conditioning or an update that stopped it either way i bet it will be the same for the One
    Paul Bridgeman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by samanbabah View Post
    Hi I have been using my HTC One for about 4 days now, and I have noticed that it overheats! I wanted to know if anyone else got this issue. It basically starts to get really warm when I download something, or play games like "Where is My Water"
    It's AT&T 32GB rooted
    "Gets really warm" doesn't mean "overheats". It means "gets really warm".

Until heat causes an unexpected event, like an app failure, heart warning, reboot, hard shutdown, etc., I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

yes, phones get warm. Normal. The trouble here, is that heat, diminish a lot the battery life. Heat is the no. 1 factor of battery life degradation, and HTC One is non-removable and with an almost impossible way to replace the battery, so it's a little worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Silva View Post
    yes, phones get warm. Normal. The trouble here, is that heat, diminish a lot the battery life. Heat is the no. 1 factor of battery life degradation, and HTC One is non-removable and with an almost impossible way to replace the battery, so it's a little worrying.
    Yeah, I worry about that too. I had an Otter Box on my iPhone 5 and I could feel heat through that thick rubber so I stopped using the Otter Box. I figured the heat would be more of a risk to damage my phone than the rare chance of me dropping it.

I think metal transfers the heat away from the circuitry better than plastic too, which is really a good thing in that case that you are feeling some heat. Better you than the battery and circuitry.

Computers get warm. Fish live in water.

Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    Computers get warm. Fish live in water.

Such is life.
    This. If your using it and stressing the CPU or using data it will warm up.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Yeah I had an issue about this too, then someone pointed out the fact that the phone was made of aluminum, which conducts heat exceptionally well, so it feels warmer than a normal poly carbonate phone would. Though mine either stopped getting as warm as it used to, or I'm just used to it because it's a non-issue unless I'm playing a hardware intensive game like The Bards Tale.

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by cmunic8r99 View Post
    "Gets really warm" doesn't mean "overheats". It means "gets really warm".

Until heat causes an unexpected event, like an app failure, heart warning, reboot, hard shutdown, etc., I wouldn't worry about it.

Exactly. If your phone isn't shutting down and rebooting its nothing to worry about. I'm sure HTC designed the phone in such a way to allow heat to escape and not harm the battery. It will shut itself down and won't turn on if it gets too hot inside until it cools to prevent major lasting damage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mine got a little warm a couple times, but I'm overall quite impressed with the temp. It's usually cold to the touch when I pick it up, even when charging. A pleasant, far cry, from my Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Heating not been a issue but I'm sure depending on what you are doing with the device it might get warm at times but common with any device when it gets used allot. Overall though no heating issues here so far runs great.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,747 Global Posts

How hot does it get? System panel will tell you the exact temperature.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

My HTC One gets from 30-35 degrees celcius on normal use and 35 to 42 degrees when playing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndomuser View Post
    It's not "overheating" - it gets warm when playing a graphically intensive game or watching some videos, which is pretty normal considering a powerful CPU and an aluminum body (which has better heat transfer properties than plastic). It will never get too hot (mine reaches up to 42C sometimes) and burn your skin, unless it's simply defective. In which case you should simply replace it.

Mine gets up to 42 C as well.. I wish it wasn't while I play Jurassic Park.. love that game.. might be worth scorching some skin cells over.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,747 Global Posts

42 isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    42 isn't too bad.

Are you sure? Mine gets to 42 pretty easily when playing games.. and it's pretty uncomfortable to hold. Makes my palms sweaty.

Mine has gotten up to 44 while playing that Jurassic Park game, seems a bit excessive.

I've had my phone go up over 120 Farenheit, first day I got it and used it for navigation, well it was pretty hot outside too so maybe the heat through the window caused it. I was worried.

I had my HTC One plugged in charging and one of my pillows fell on top of it. I didn't notice for a while but when i went to pick it up it was VERY hot. I also had pandora playing. It wasn't hot enough to make it reset or turn off, but it was pretty hot. Not sure of the exact temp. though. Is there a way to check that?

Oh yeah? Well mine has gone up to 107 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT! BUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUMMMMM!!! (Insert dramatic music here)

I'm guessing it has something to do with the navigation car dock cause that's the only time it ever goes over 120.

Download something like GSam battery monitor and see how hot your phone gets with normal use. The aluminum redistributes the heat which can make the phone feel warm or hot. My friend has the Droid Razr Maxx and it idles at like 85F, but you'd never feel it because of the Kevlar backing.

Aside from one post, people have completely ignored the fact that the aluminium conducts heat very well. From both the phone's internals, and your hand touching it.

I don't think the heat is a major issue. Once you close the phone the temperature drops quickly.

FYI. The screen brightness was causing a significant amount of heat, so I turned auto brightness off and manually set the brightness low. The device isn't as hot anymore.

The heat I experience is nothing to be concerned over. Using your phone gives it a workout. Just like humans, phones get warm when working out!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

hello , I think you must say wich temperature is reached by the phone insted just said that is heating, overheating is not normal by the way, is a real problem!!!!
    Ive mesured the temperature of my HTC ONE , after 30 min of playing a game and it reach 42c
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast