Bluetooth settings - all or nothing?

inertianinja

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My car (acura) has bluetooth for phone & audio.
With the bluetooth connection active, it seems that any of the voice input functions of the One (keyboard, google search, etc) are looking for voice input through the bluetooth connection, rather than the phone's mic.

This is a problem on two levels - first, the car's mic does not activate automatically. Second - even if it did - the audio quality is not good enough for input.

Question - Is it possible to limit the One's bluetooth connection to phone/music/video only, but have voice input (search/keyboard) only from the phone's mic?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My car (acura) has bluetooth for phone & audio.
With the bluetooth connection active, it seems that any of the voice input functions of the One (keyboard, google search, etc) are looking for voice input through the bluetooth connection, rather than the phone's mic.

This is a problem on two levels - first, the car's mic does not activate automatically. Second - even if it did - the audio quality is not good enough for input.

Question - Is it possible to limit the One's bluetooth connection to phone/music/video only, but have voice input (search/keyboard) only from the phone's mic?

I believe what you are describing is a 4.1.1 bug not limited to the One. Only way around is to pair your phone as phone only and not media. Obviously you won't be able to stream any longer but you'll be able to use the phone for voice texting etc.

FWIW the Galaxy S4 ships with 4.2.2 out of the box where this bug has been eliminated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae