i have had this
very irritating
solution
go to
1.) settings
2.) account & sync
3.) slide auto sync on
solved

auto sync has nothing to do with the peak/offpeak interval it doesnt care about it at all.
i have tried the remove re-add the email multiple times (short story it didn't work)

Shawn G1

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Found thr fix for it
Settings> data usage then menu and check the auto sync data
That should fix the problem

Mine won't sync too.
I've tried everything... no luck so far.
Switched to outlook.
It's not convenient but work at least.
Galaxy note 2 on Verizon.

shrekfiona1

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Found thr fix for it
Settings> data usage then menu and check the auto sync data
That should fix the problem
rlma84 you are the man (or woman)!!! Thank you! I was so pissed with MSFT and assumed that it was their side that was giving me grief. Turns out it was a settings issue and am pretty sure the settings would have been modified by MrKnowitAll...me!

Shawn G1

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, guys!
I had same problem on my Note 2.
No matter what I did. Email app did not sync automatically.
Called to Verizon tech. They connected me to Samsung support line. We started all over again. No success...
Ironically I did not have this problem on my two previous Note2 phones. Only this one never synced from the day of purchase.
Well. . finally Samsung admitted that they aware of this problem.
And that's not a software issue.

They told me some galaxy phones are having this problem and some don't. And this is affecting only original mail app ( outlook worked perfect on my phone) Verizon offered me to download another mail app or send my phone for exchange. Well... Since my warranty was expired I couldn't get an exchange.
I had no other option but poking around and see if I can find a solution. And luckily I found one:)
All you need to do is just delete all your email accounts and reinstall them back again under Exchange or Corporate accounts. No Windows or Outlook. All my emails are syncing perfectly now.
You don't need change any settings(push options etc.) It will just do what is designed to do. Good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:

Wendy Dowker

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I just bought a htc one mini 12 days ago I am having same problems with syncing when I am out and about and through my home wi-fi
Any help would be a great help. So disappointed because the phone had should great reviews :'(

Silver Shield

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
When the local setting don't take care of things, its usually a global setting that's hiding somewhere. Mine quit synching all email a couple weeks ago, right after...
wait for it...
A software update. Go figure.
Go to settings / data usage. Hit the menu button and there should be an "Auto Sync Data" check box.

You're welcome...

maidmarcia

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I talked with a HTC rep. Follow the steps. 1)Remove your current account. 2)Add account. 3)Choose "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync". 4)Type your e-mail address and password. 5)Don't click NEXT, click on MANUAL SETUP. 6)Type your e-mail, password if empty. 7)Server address: m.hotmail.com 8)Domain name: LEAVE IT BLANK. 9)Username: your e-mail (ex: abc123@hotmail.com) 10)Check! 'This server requires an encrypted SSL connection. 11)Say NEXT, give a name to your account and finish setup. 12)Open phone settings. 13)Choose Accounts&sync. 14) Auto sync should be ON! 15)Open your mail app. 16)Click three dots to access mail settings. 17)Choose Sync, Send & Receive. 18)Peak time sync: PUSH MAIL. 19)Off-peal sync: PUSH MAIL. 20)Now go back and choose Notifications settings. 21)Check! E-mail notifications. 22)Re-boot the device. 23)Send a test e-mail to yourself. 24)Well-done :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH. This was making me crazy! I was having the same problem.

bduerr1

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
oh thanksss, finally. i've spent so much time with this. and it happened after my s3 got the android 4.3 update. thanks a lot.
This nor anyof the other fixes short of deleting the account and starting over. i did find something that looks like it worked: Settings>Accounts>Exchange Access>Account name>click ll the services: calendar, Contacts, Mail, Tasks

I had tuned this on before but somehow it got turned off . . .

rcseng

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Karol. Mine turned off on it's own or from pocket thumbing.
This Auto Sync option is easily overlooked with the mountain of Icon's below it

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I talked with a HTC rep. Follow the steps. 1)Remove your current account. 2)Add account. 3)Choose "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync". 4)Type your e-mail address and password. 5)Don't click NEXT, click on MANUAL SETUP. 6)Type your e-mail, password if empty. 7)Server address: m.hotmail.com 8)Domain name: LEAVE IT BLANK. 9)Username: your e-mail (ex: abc123@hotmail.com) 10)Check! 'This server requires an encrypted SSL connection. 11)Say NEXT, give a name to your account and finish setup. 12)Open phone settings. 13)Choose Accounts&sync. 14) Auto sync should be ON! 15)Open your mail app. 16)Click three dots to access mail settings. 17)Choose Sync, Send & Receive. 18)Peak time sync: PUSH MAIL. 19)Off-peal sync: PUSH MAIL. 20)Now go back and choose Notifications settings. 21)Check! E-mail notifications. 22)Re-boot the device. 23)Send a test e-mail to yourself. 24)Well-done :)
Wow, worked sweet. Thanks so much! Mail app was absolutely useless as it'd only sync my e-mail at 5:10am every morning! Once a day, no push working at all. Even if I forced it to sync every 5 mins, nothing. EVEN IF I FORCED IT TO SYNC, nope. Following your instructions push email, calander syncing, etc. all working flawless (with corporate exchange server).

-Jamie M.

kukuoo

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine have same issue, Mail box unable to sync automatically not matter what setting I changed.
But finally i can get my email sync by Setting > Accounts & sync > Auto sync > On
and for email sync schedule, set to Peak time sync > Push mail, Off peak sync > Push mail.

Btw, I am using HTC One M8.

Ayonbaxter

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I find the same thing happening to me also. I tried everything but it will not auto sync unless I open the app.

Have you found any solution?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon