Anyone post screenshots of stock email, calendar and sms apps?

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an N4 and considering the One. Exchange support is mandatory for me and interested in seeing what these stock apps look like as well as sms. can I see some screenshots of them?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You'd be better served by going to your local Att or Sprint store and playing around with one. Seems that would be better than pictures. Not sure if pictures of software can sell functionality.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Good points. I'll do that as well. In the meantime, some eye candy?! :)

You'd be better served by going to your local Att or Sprint store and playing around with one. Seems that would be better than pictures. Not sure if pictures of software can sell functionality.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I would be interested in seeing those as well. Going to an AT&T store is great if you just want to feel the phone in your hand and look at the display, but they don't have any email set up in the phone and I wouldn't put my info into a public phone. you can see what the text message screen looks like and calendar tho.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would be interested in seeing those as well. Going to an AT&T store is great if you just want to feel the phone in your hand and look at the display, but they don't have any email set up in the phone and I wouldn't put my info into a public phone. you can see what the text message screen looks like and calendar tho.

Yeah I hear you but seeing it to me still doesn't prove anything really. But to each it's own I guess. Anyone can look at any of the hundreds of photos in the tech reviews to see what the apps look like. I still don't see how that sells anything especially when you can download sms and email apps that are better than stock. But again, to each it's own. Good luck guys.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Cant post pics right now, I'd have to photoshop/blur a lot of it out (mostly work related accounts), but as someone in your exact shoes (heavily rely on Exchange) who just came from the N4, the stock apps are MUCH better in my opinion. I used to get terrible lag with the stock N4 email app not update forever after I cleared/marked messages off on another device. Hasn't been an issue at all with the One. Exhange tasks are supported. I think the calendar is much better too (deleted the Google one entirely). My tastes and preferences though.

I covered some ground on Sense 5 vs. stock in my thoughts/review: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/270479-former-n4-user-wow-impressed.html

A lot of pics in general within these reviews though:

HTC Sense 4+ vs HTC Sense 5: What's the difference? - Pocket-lint
HTC One: This is not the Sense you love to hate - Android - News + Articles - MoDaCo

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting pics. The email is one I was interested in. Had checked out the calendar and text at AT&T. One last question, and not that its a big deal, but can you set a gmail acct or whatever (non microsoft exchange acct) to push instead of fetch on 10 min increments?