silent / vibrate settings for calls and text messages not "sticking"

goneflyfishing

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
here is an issue i have been experiencing for the last few days - even though i set the settings for calls and text messages on "vibrate" i am missing calls/texts and when i check the phone i see it is on "silent" instead of on "vibrate". anybody know why the phone would change this setting on it's own? might that be a battery saver function?

thanks in advance for any feedback

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
here is an issue i have been experiencing for the last few days - even though i set the settings for calls and text messages on "vibrate" i am missing calls/texts and when i check the phone i see it is on "silent" instead of on "vibrate". anybody know why the phone would change this setting on it's own? might that be a battery saver function?

thanks in advance for any feedback

I should not be NO. If you go back to the forum and look at the Sticky Thread I started on the Userguide, This might help you pinpoint your issue.

goneflyfishing

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Jag - but this seems to be a bug. I change the settings to vibrate (manually in the settings screen, with the volume rocker switch or with a widget) and the screen shows the vibrate icon but a few minutes later when i check the phone I see it's on silent (with the silent icon) in the top bar.

I was wondering if anybody has similar issues. I hate missing important calls at work but can't leave the phone on it's ring tone.

BTW the exact same happens with text message settings.

goneflyfishing

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I figured out what the issue is - an app called "Onavo" is disabling vibrate each time mobile data is becoming active. i remove the app and it is now all good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress