livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
How many people are using the stock apps? I'm currently using SwiftKey for my keyboard. For my email in using both the stock and Gmail but I want to get rid of one so I'm not doubling up on emails. Who is using the stock email client and what your thoughts? What about the other stock apps? Just curious on what people are using. I'm coming from iOS so I'm still learning which apps are good for me but so far I'm loving my One! Not regretting the move at all.

Sent from my HTC One

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm using everything stock. Calendar, email, browser, keyboard all stock apps.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm using stock everything right now. I use the gmail app because I have my other accounts forwarded to my gmail so no real need for the stock email app. To me, the gmail app is considered stock LOL. I installed SMS popup to go with message app so I can add quick reply which isn't offered in any stock android SMS app. It's different than the typical message bubbles and I like it. I do wish you could change the colors besides the themes that are offered. And I am using chrome instead of stock because of desktop syncing.... not because I think it's light years ahead. But I am overall pleased with the stock apps. Especially when compared to vanilla Android. With other Androids, I would be running swiftkey, Handcent, another calendar app, gallery app and music player.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
With the Gmail app you are going to get threaded messages-emails. Depends on if you like that or not. I don't know about the stock email app on the One but on my phone I don't have threaded emails. It is something you are going to have to just try until you get what you like.