HTC One: Great speakers, not nearly loud enough

Justhelping

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Recently purchased the HTC One and had same issue after just a week with low volume. I'm not sure what caused this, but all games, YouTube videos and ringers very low. However, I simply restarted the phone manually and everything is great and back to normal now. I do have Beats on and quality is great and btw if it's too loud turn it down?:p

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Recently purchased the HTC One and had same issue after just a week with low volume. I'm not sure what caused this, but all games, YouTube videos and ringers very low. However, I simply restarted the phone manually and everything is great and back to normal now. I do have Beats on and quality is great and btw if it's too loud turn it down?:p

I've found that the maximum volume is higher w/o Beats Audio enabled. Not too fond of how the sound quality is without it though.

Posted via Android Central App

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree quality is good sometimes but not loud enough on somethings
My iPhone 5 I'd sometimes just as loud if not louder

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

NightRacer

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This thread is a joke right? You must have a bad unit, id go get it looked at.
Beats on, my phone is still too loud for me, one notch above mute with music playing. 2 notches above mute and my ringtones scream across the whole house. I accidentally had Speakerphone on and tried to call someone, I was deaf in that ear for a good 20 minutes. If anything I consider this a problem. This phone is TOO loud, to the point where it frustrated me. But my friends are jealous since they all have I phones and get mad when I play music. I even applied an equalizer and it got better and my one friend up and said "**** off" and left.

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about regular sounds, ringtones, alarms, etc. but playing any kind of media (audio, video) the Beats is on and it can get extremely LOUD. I listen to jazz on TuneIn radio while I'm in the shower, with the bathroom fan on, and can hear it perfectly well.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about regular sounds, ringtones, alarms, etc. but playing any kind of media (audio, video) the Beats is on and it can get extremely LOUD. I listen to jazz on TuneIn radio while I'm in the shower, with the bathroom fan on, and can hear it perfectly well.

jackdaw51

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
ok,now everybody seems to have ganged up on the op calling him a troll etc,purely because you haven't experienced the problem yourselves. i signed up purely to say that i have the same problem. i have around 50 albums on my htc one.some play great,some are rather a lot quieter than they should be with beats turned on.turn beats off,and the volume greatly increases,but with obvious loss of quality.in call volume and speakerphone are also pretty quiet. am i trolling too? lol. no. so please can people stop being bell ends and try to help with a solution for the people who have these problems?
you wouldn't get this on xda! (trololol)

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I normally don't like telling my trade secrets to everyone; but you folks seem like a great group of guys & gals, so here's my secret to a louder speaker.....

HOLD IT CLOSER TO YOUR EAR!

FrankieA

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I also agree with the OP that the speakers aren't very loud - and I have proof.

I have my Lumia 920 and HTC One in front of me - playing the exact same song - and the Lumia 920 is most definitely louder. I only started noticing this problem when trying to watch Netflix with a fan on in my room. Does anyone know any way to boost the volume without rooting?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The Xperia Z1 blows the hell out of the One in terms of loudness,I can barely hear my One ringing in the gym even with loudness mods.

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
i think the speakers are more than good enough.

Maybe you could first try cleaning ear wax, otherwise get your ears checked and if that fails, try a portable speaker :p

Manda Jaayne

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
It depends which ringtone, some are so loud that it hurts my ears yet some notifications aren't loud enough.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

I have a HTC one and I have found that over time my speakers have gotten lower and lower, I don't know any solution. No apps work with it.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Finally I got a good loudness using Viper4Android and +4db in loudness,the sound is crystal clear and loud,you can try louder like +6db but sound will distort a little.
It's also useful for BT

nrz74

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to chime in and say I have the same problem with the HTC One mini: The speakers are loud and relatively clear (for a mobile phone, anyway) in everything except the Phone app. When I am talking to someone on the phone it is pretty quiet, even without much background noise. When I switch to speakerphone it is somewhat better, but not nearly as loud as it should or can be and not as loud as it needs to be in some situations with a lot of background noise. The default Phone app is just set artificially low.

I did notice in the Call options a "Hearing aids" box that says "Attention: Enabling HAC will amplify in-call volume", but I assume this interfaces directly with a hearing aid only because checking it does not amplify the call volume through the speakers.

cooki89

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
This person isn't a troll I have gone from having a rubbish black berry to the HTC one and it is an amazing fone but the sound isn't Wat I wud call BOOMSOUND