My last night as an iPhone user...

beiting

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been an iPhone user since 2007. I worked for Apple as a Mac Genius. To my friends I'm a complete Apple Fanboy. But starting tomorrow I am an Android user. They have zero idea. I guess they'll realize something is up when I don't respond on iMessage.

I bought the HTC One. I'm completely excited to explore this new gadget and OS.

So that's all, I just wanted to say hi and if you all have any tips or tricks that would be cool too.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Some of my standard advice to new Android users coming from iOS, and some specific to the HTC One:

• Be sure to explore the power of widgets. Fantastic feature.
  • Try out the trace option on the keyboard. Some people (me included) greatly prefer that to just tapping keys. (And try out SwiftKey if you like it, you might like their approach better, though the stock Sense keyboard trace is working surprisingly well for me.)
  • If you like Flipboard, give Blinkfeed a try. Not quite as good, but I'm not disliking it as much as I thought I would. I'm actually using it on occasion.
  • The TV app that shows local listings and can act as a remote control is fun.
  • Explore the camera thoroughly. There's lots of buried options. Zoes are fun too.
  • You can have multiple apps in one spot on the dock at the bottom of the screen
  • Once you've got your feet under you and know what you like/don't like about Sense, try the alternative launchers like Nova launcher (my fave). There's a whole huge new world of UI customization waiting for you.

I hope you love your new HTC One! I just got mine from t-mobile today and am exploring away with a big smile on my face!

runner7395

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
I too have purchased every iPhone the day it was released and have used them ever since. Even though I occasionally try other phones, I always went back the the iPhone. I'm on day 5 with the One and I'm loving it more and more each day. It's a big change but this phone will be a keeper for me.

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I was in the exact same boat as you. Every iPhone since launch. I ordered the HTC One and I love it. My poor iPhone 5 is now collecting dust. The thing I probably miss the most is the keyboard. I was very used to it.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

angelvg

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
If you like, go to www.gmail.com and create one account for you (without numbers) and when you account is ready, click on button mail and select contacts and manually insert you phone contact's

When you receive you're new Android phone, on and select existing account, when you finished Wait five minutes and view contact magically appeared :)

Note
In you old phone delete sim card contacts or Android show the contact double.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

chris hackett

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I just went from being an iPhone user to this HTC android as well. I made the switch because I wanted a larger display but still wanted to have the premium build feel. So far I have been very happy though there's been some adjustment to go through. The apps I have issues with are my alarm company app that doesn't work and no Amazon video streaming app for android. Thanks to all of you on here as reading the posts is really helping me!

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Switched from an iphone to the One as well. I just uninstalled that demonic pos software itunes and I hope I never have to use it personally again.

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I switched from iPhone recently as well. My one tip is as soon as you set up your One, make sure to unregister your number from imessages and turn off any remaining imessage functions that could be linked to your number (ex: iPad, iPod, etc). I wasn't receiving text messages from iPhone users due to my iPad intercepting texts as imesssge texts. Welcome and enjoy your new HTC One!

BigHonu

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Just switched as well. Don't forget to turn imessage off or you may not be able to receive texts. Not everyone has that problem, but happened to me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

richlin71

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my iPhone 5 at&t SIM card in a nexus 4 and so far like the Android world.

Anyone know if it would work in the one as well (with lte)?

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Ohhh, this pertains to me as well. Do I just unregister somewhere in iTunes? I haven't gotten my Android phone yet (still deciding what to go with) but this is certainly a river I'll have to cross soon. I find that iMessage is super buggy with friends who have something non-iPhone anyhow, so I want to ensure I'm not THAT person to my girlfriend, family, etc, as I'm jumping the Apple ship FINALLY. Friends who switched from iPhones still show up as such when I try to text them at first. I HAVE to avoid that, for my own personal sanity, as it drives me nuts, don't want to do that to others.
So unregistering my number will keep iPhones from recognizing the number as an iPhone and attempt to iMessage it before finally getting the hint to text normally?

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Ohhh, this pertains to me as well. Do I just unregister somewhere in iTunes? I haven't gotten my Android phone yet (still deciding what to go with) but this is certainly a river I'll have to cross soon. I find that iMessage is super buggy with friends who have something non-iPhone anyhow, so I want to ensure I'm not THAT person to my girlfriend, family, etc, as I'm jumping the Apple ship FINALLY. Friends who switched from iPhones still show up as such when I try to text them at first. I HAVE to avoid that, for my own personal sanity, as it drives me nuts, don't want to do that to others.
So unregistering my number will keep iPhones from recognizing the number as an iPhone and attempt to iMessage it before finally getting the hint to text normally?

It's easy to unregister. Go to apples website, go to support. Login using Apple ID and password. Select your device and click unregister.

beiting

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my One now for a little over a week. My thoughts?

Let's just say I sold my iPhone last week as well.

I'm loving it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol